INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21 No Sound on PC  (Read 2206 times)

huw lewis

Media Center 21 No Sound on PC
« on: April 06, 2016, 08:42:18 am »

Hi,

Can anyone help, I had an issue with a CD not recording correctly so changed the rate from max to 1x which worked fine, but now for some strange reason I have no sound from Media Center 21 on my PC (every other application on my pc plays sound, windows media player, itunes etc) but I do have sound when played through my network media player Cambridge Audio Stream Magic.

Thanks
           Huw

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 21 No Sound on PC
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 08:54:18 am »

Double-check your audio output device.

Follow instructions here:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DallasNights

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 21 No Sound on PC
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 01:20:41 pm »

Hello Huw,

If you are still following this blog, I have the exact opposite problem with my Cambridge CXN Network Player.  I can play music from JRiver through my WASAPI connection on my laptop, but not through a direct asynchronous audio USB connection.  This is the best USB connection on the player and always worked with my current laptop with iTunes.  So either I am missing a Cambridge driver on my laptop compatible with JRiver or have to select some inferior type of streaming such as Kernal rather than WASAPI that I have selected now.  The USB port is superior in that the CXN will upgrade any source to 192 kHz.  Right now I only get CD quality 44.1 via the DLNA wifi connection to the CXN from JRiver.  Please advise.
UPDATE:  I changed the USB 2 on my CXN to USB 1 and the laptop now recognizes the CXN.  Problem is still that CXN plays only on wifi DNLA and even though Player shows a CXN connection, the Library will not play the selected song in that mode.  Go Figure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up