INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bump: Id Recognition and server function  (Read 2103 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Bump: Id Recognition and server function
« on: April 06, 2016, 03:30:05 pm »

You and Jim have already been helpful.  Please refer to the response below for Question #2:

My first priority is to be able to access my main MC library from my main PC THROUGH my tablet (MC Remote) and send files to the Id for playback.  However, I got the impression it would also be helpful to maintain a complete and maintained duplicate music file library either internally on the Id (assuming enough capacity) or on an external USB drive connected to the Id.  But ... assuming it is feasible -- it sounds like (1) there is no advantage to listing the Id as a second server, and (2) JRemote on tablet cannot play music directly from a library stored internally or externally on the Id. (?)

One more general question:  When the software asks to "Load Library" does that mean that you are merely being asked to pick a library to use -- and that any other libraries pictured in your software are temporarily not useable?   Jim: When you load music files into the "HandHeld" folder are you, technically in fact, populating a LIBRARY on the Id?

Again, Great Help -- THANKS.

"Your number question depends on how you want your network setup. Which computer's local library is going to serve the files to the clients for example. You can control the server PC from a Client, but you can't control a client from a client. The Username and password are the ones for the operating system, you might not have one -- not sure how Linux works with this."

Sorry don't have the time today to respond in detail so BUMP  Grin

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Re: Bump: ID Recognition and server function
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 03:34:03 pm »

ADD TO ABOVE -- The last response paragraphs were submitted by Arindelle  (THANK YOU)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bump: ID Recognition and server function
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 03:39:24 am »

hi

I finally got around to responding, but its in your prior thread here => https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=104198.msg724708#msg724708

should get you started  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up