INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you operate your MC ?  (Read 3394 times)

Waynefi

• Recent member
How do you operate your MC ?
« on: April 07, 2016, 06:52:32 pm »

So I am running a dedicated PC to a DAC to my system. I control MC through a monitor or TV,  and just use a remote mouse and keyboard if needed from across the room. I wonder how many people just run their MC like this, or do most of you just run JRemote to run MC ?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do you operate your MC ?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 07:05:12 pm »

I run MC on a HTPC connected to the TV, simply with an old set of Logitech 5.1s. I use a Remote to control MC 99% of the time, Gizmo if I want to listen to music without having the TV on.

bryant berry

• World Citizen
  • im a good listener,even if i dont look it.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 08:05:39 pm »

i  use  mine  also  on  52 in  tv  with  pc mouse  and  push  next arrow  to  select  diff  tune...just  got  cheep  android  to  maybe  work  a  remote   app....very  simple  set  up  for me....still  learning  that  ole  j river...

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 10:18:16 pm »

My setup also serves as a workstation for web browsing and word processing / spreadsheet duties. As a result, there's a mouse, keyboard and a Logitech remote to drive MC.

JRemote and Gizmo are great for social occasions when the whole setup is run in headless mode for audio playback.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

stewart_pk

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 10:29:26 pm »

IR Remote most of the time here.

But when I'm walking around the house with music on in the background it's eos remote on Android to adjust volume and select tracks.

adphil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 01:15:54 am »

I use a Logitech wireless keyboard with integrated touchpad and a Logitech universal remote.

The remote is mainly used to adjust volume and select source input on my NAD m12, to change channels when watching TV and to start/stop playback in MC.

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 04:18:34 am »

ha ha I use a combination of everything.

Usually I use JRemote on an iPad if I'm not sitting in one place (kitchen is semi open to my living room so I can listen from my main stereo still --  its normally there on the counter or near the dining table if I have people over, or I take it with me for external streaming. I use theater View most of the time when I'm browsing for playback or I have friends over that want to choose what to play.

I do have an IR controller, but I use this mostly for volume control/skipping tracks only (or when watching movies maybe). I have a wireless keyboard that is nearby (usually for the web though), as I don't like the search box location in Theater View too much.

I also control and do admin from my Workstation (using mostly standard mode Views as I'm sitting in front of it. This uses studio monitors, and I also use this PC to control music for parties in combo with JRemote in my phone.

However the key element is my Logitech mouse when I'm listening ... it can read on any surface so if I'm lying down, couch potato style, I just use theater view off of my jeans without moving an inch with this -- has one of those fast scrolling free-spinning wheels and a bunch of buttons so that's key. A good mouse that can read off wood, glass, and fabric for me is much better than a pointable IR device. After v16, they took out a lot of mouse functions and started with video and TV. If you are mostly audio, a mouse is much better than a traditional remote, IMHO (unless spouse acceptance factor is important). Personally, I don't like track ball incorporated keyboards. All I really need on the table is a mouse, so its more discrete ... but what's cool with JRiver is you have so many choices to suit everybody's way of doing things. 

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 11:37:53 am »

ha ha I use a combination of everything.
Arindelle you beat me to it :)
I also do pretty much everything mentioned above...and more  ;)

That's what is so amazing about MC...You can pretty much do what you want with it and customize the heck out of it...The only limit is your imagination !!!

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 11:39:55 am »

...And time... ;D

Waynefi

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 09:04:35 pm »

Thanks for all the tips .

Wayne

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 12:31:31 am »

I also use a bit of everything.  But my primary control is using my Harmony Elite combined with a USB-UIRT.

I also used an old remote to create additional buttons on the Harmony Elite for keyboard shortcuts and pretty much every function you could add to a remote.

I also added "Event Ghost" in order to add keyboard shortcuts to the Harmony that I could not find in the MC21 command list.

Carl

Pages: [1]   Go Up