INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where's the Visualization Studio?  (Read 3212 times)

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
Where's the Visualization Studio?
« on: April 07, 2016, 08:21:48 pm »

I'd like to make my own view for cover art and song info... the wiki says to right-click and choose "Visualization Studio", but I don't see that option at all. Was it moved somewhere else? Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Where's the Visualization Studio?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 12:18:36 am »

It is still there, exactly as described in the Wiki, here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Visualizations
See also: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Visualization_Studio (I've updated the description on this, and added some images, to correct it.)

Wait. Actually, it isn't under Playing Now any more by the look. It is accessed via right clicking on a Display view while playing something, in the same way that actual visualizations are selected.

The attached image shows where I have popped up the menu that shows where it is on a Detached Display. The Playing Now Display Pane is also a suitable Display view to right click on, as per the Wiki.

But I'm not sure it is actually what you want, given what you want to do. But I don't use visualizations, so I don't know what can be done with the studio.

Note1: On a couple of visualizations the Visualization Studio menu item didn't seem to display. I didn't take note of which, I just changed visualization and found it.
Note2: I managed to crash MC several times when changing visualizations while music was playing, so watch out for that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 09:22:09 am »

Okay, I was trying to edit my own "Track Info" visualization, which I guess I can't do because that option is missing from all but the "Visualizations" viewing options. Is there no way for me to build my own "Track Info" visualization?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 09:28:21 am »

Is there no way for me to build my own "Track Info" visualization?

You can certainly build your own Track Info.  You'll need to be crafty with HTML.

Just copy one of the folders to a new folder and edit away!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 12:11:57 pm »

Thank you, that's awesome!

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 06:28:28 pm »

So here's what I built today, thanks again for letting me know these visualizations were in folders...

Looks great with shorter song titles, but longer titles breaks the illusion...

So I'll have to figure out how to get the text to scale within a certain limitation with CSS or something.

(Yes my monitor is ultrawide 2.4:1 instead of 16:9)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 07:12:08 pm »

Cool! Nicely done.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 07:44:53 pm »

Very nice. I don't use the visualizations because any moving images that most have makes my other half ill.  :o

But a nice static picture like that, with information displayed, would be really good. Just another thing to try one day.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 07:18:47 am »

really cool mate!

i'd love to do something like this but i'd have to brush up on my html first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up