INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics on JR21 and mac  (Read 4847 times)

quir

• Recent member
Lyrics on JR21 and mac
« on: April 08, 2016, 11:44:24 am »

I'm new with JR/mac and and not very expert on pc use.
I did researches on JRwiky and here on the forum about how to automatically show lyrics on JR21/mac but found no results.
As it doesn't seem possible that lyrics are important only for me, what did I miss?

quir

• Recent member
Re: Lyrics on JR21 and mac
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 08:56:37 am »

Nobody can help me telling how it is possible to show lyrics while playing the files?

quir

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 10:40:19 am »

It seem strange no answer at all neither from a moderator for such an easy matter.
I try again has I would like to know about lyrics before to buy a licence from the trial one.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 11:01:30 am »

There are third party programs (like minilyrics) that are designed to do this for MC, but they only work on the Windows version as far as I know.

I'm not aware of a feature, or a plugin for MC for Mac that displays lyrics.  There are ways of retrieving lyrics in a somewhat automated way, but displaying them is a different story.   As far as I know, MC doesn't have any built in way of showing lyrics as a song plays.  You can pull them up from the Tagging Window, but that's not exactly an attractive presentation.

I like lyrics a lot and I memorize lyrics to many many songs that I like.  But I don't feel the desire to show lyrics as I listen to a song.  So I haven't really investigated this very completely.  Just a bit of research here and there as these questions have come up.

Good luck.

Brian.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 02:36:05 pm »

there are no automatic lyric scrubbers at present. SHould you tag your files with lyrics however, you can then display them using a trackinfo plugin. If you feel comfortable with HTML there are a couple that you can easily reconfigure the templates as you want them

some are a bit dated though (euh even the plugin page itself doesn't even show v 21)

http://accessories.jriver.com/mediacenter/accessories.php

you can set up on the links bar a link to semi-autmatically find the lyrics, and then you just copy/paste them into the tag field.

her's one you can use if you want to try

Code: [Select]
<Link version="1,2">
<Item Name="Name">Musixmatch</Item>
<Item Name="Action">1</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">https://www.musixmatch.com/</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">https:////www.musixmatch.com//search//Replace([name],/ ,+)  Replace([artist],/ ,+)</Item>
<Item Name="Filter">[Media Type]=[Audio]</Item>
</Link>

You get into the manage links section and copy the code after clicking the "paste" box. Select the track and click on Musixmatch in the link bar

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 02:47:38 pm »

I don't think Track Info templates work on Mac.  I've downloaded a few and done a tiny bit of research.  Not 100% sure.

Brian.

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 03:36:07 am »

I don't think Track Info templates work on Mac.  I've downloaded a few and done a tiny bit of research.  Not 100% sure.

Brian.
ah ok ... just thought they would. Sorry -- Windows guy here ... my bad  :)

Links bar works in Mac doesn't it?? At least you could get the lyrics on the screen within JRiver rapidly.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 07:00:42 am »

^ Yes, the Links Bar works on Mac.

I think Track Info is part of Visualizations.  If that's right, that's why it doesn't work on the Mac:  No visualizations support.

Brian.

DJLegba

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 08:11:55 am »

This may not be what you're looking for, but if you have the lyrics or libretto in a PDF or even an image file and you're using JRemote on an iOS device you can call them up easily while the album or opera is playing. Make sure the PDF is in the same folder as the audio files and that JRiver's library import is configured to look for both audio and data files. When you use JRemote to initiate playback, you'll see a paper clip on the JRemote screen. Tap the paper clip and JRemote will display any data files associated with the album (jpegs, PDFs). Tap the PDF or jpeg that contains the lyrics/libretto and the file will open on your iOS device. It's not automatic, but it works.

On a side note, in Japan many "foreign imports" come with a lyric sheet, even if the original album did not include one. I don't know what process they use to generate the lyric sheets, but I suspect somewhere along the line someone listens to the music and transcribes what is heard. A friend of mine had a copy of Brian Eno's "Here Come the Warm Jets" with a hilarious transcription of Dead Finks Don't Talk. The lines that should have been

Oh you headless chicken
Can those poor teeth take so much kicking?

were rendered as

Oh you headless chicken
Can this poultry take so much kicking?

quir

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 11:58:12 am »

Thanks for the answers and suggestions.
What I look for is an automatic pop up of the lyrics and for what I have understood that is not supported on MC /mac but only on windows, neither it is scheduled for a next future.
So it seems I have only  two solutions:
1)   To use windows instead of mac :-[
2)   to look for another software instead of  JRiver :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up