INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.233 beta available  (Read 13995 times)

Roger_the_Shrubber

• Recent member
  • 6 strings good, 4 strings better
Re: Media Center 9.1.233 beta available
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2003, 11:56:28 pm »

Output File Location (ripping & recording) doesn't appear to have an option to disable the Directory Rule...

I see that Mr. Rightclick has returned to the fray.

Lurve the Action Window.....and the Panes

nila

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2003, 03:28:28 am »

When viewing a playlist or the files in playing now - it's impossible to tell what type of file they are - theres no icon or any other indication of the file type of the files listed there :(

farmore

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2003, 08:05:10 am »

If Clean File Properties is used on a song with no year filled, it fills in 1899 in the year field ?

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2003, 09:10:31 am »

A couple of observations with 233 (my apologies if I'm being redundant):

Action Pane:

1. It is useful when building playlists to see the list as it progresses.

2. It would be nice if you could resize the pane.

3. As it is now, once the playlist gets "long enough" the pane constantly refocuses to the top. It is a pain ;) to have to use the slider after every entry to stay focused at the bottom.

4. Drag and drop docking/undocking would be nice.

5. Back/Forward arrows (previously mentioned) would help navigation.

6. Right now it seems there are "too many" clicks to get to where you want to be.

7. All in all, it's a great idea and has great potential.

Problem:

1. Drag and drop in the playing now pane (it's the only one I was using) does not work all of the time. Sometimes the cursor will "grap" the object and allow movement and other times I have to try to "grab" the object several times before it will move.

Thank you,

John

gkerber

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2003, 05:00:17 pm »

This version now locks up MC everytime I import anything.

I import and when it's done, the undocked Recently Imported window pops up (for unknown reasons) and them MC is locked.  I must kill the process.  A few days ago, this happened, but the tracks were imported, now when I run MC again, the tracks are not there.

Stilton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2003, 12:44:25 am »

Small Bug:
If you type in to the search box enough for it to 'push out' and resizes bigger (lovely feature btw), and then delete the characters to it so it goes smaller, you get a 'trail' of the window.

For a screeny of this;
http://www.njones.vispa.com/mc/searchbug.jpg

Media Center Registered 9.1.233 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1332 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 54 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 1.0.0.0 , ,  / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: LG       CD-RW CED-8080B    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Stilton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2003, 01:30:18 am »

Making a selection of files using CTRL+SHIFT doesn't update views in the action window (e.g. statistics, properties) and doesn't recognise more than the first file is selected - e.g. if you select say 5 files using the CTRL+SHIFT method then change a property, only the first is updated.

If you then however select a 6th file using just CTRL, then it updates the views for all 6 files.

Hope that makes sense :)

jleerigby

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2003, 02:05:35 am »

Bug

If you right click in Windows Explorer and Media Centre>Play.  It adds all tracks to playing now rather than replacing playing now.

jcopr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2003, 09:44:25 am »

I'm having trouble ripping in digital secure mode. I downloaded verison 9.0 a couple of days ago (trial copy, just got an iPod and MC9 comes very highly recommended by the folks at iPodlounge), and everything seems good. I downloaded the beta 9.1.233, figuring I'd take a look at the upcoming version and the volume leveling feature.

Whereas 9.0 worked just fine, 9.1.233 always gives me an error when ripping CDs. The "cdripper" dialog box pops up with the message "Error in input file."

The resultant ripped file only contains data for the end of the track (basically it seems like whatever was read after the last error dialog). If I switch back to 9.0, it works just fine.

Is this a problem, or is it perhaps the beta rejecting me because I'm not a licensed user?

Thanks...

Sysinfo:

Media Center 9.1.233 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2192 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 764 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2003, 10:13:58 am »

GLITCH[/color]:  Manually stop playback of a song; wait one second or one hour, doesn't matter; manually start playing another song.  The last few frames of the previous song play out before the new song starts.

Settings
Cross-fade (aggressive)
Duration:  4.0 seconds
Stop:  Immediate
Direct Sound, Buffering = 0.20 seconds
Replay Gain:  Automatic based on current playlist, Clip protection enabled

Media Type:  APE

Omni

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2003, 01:27:49 pm »

How is the work in the next build guys..
i cant wait to see the new tree view replacement :)

well if so .. i have a requist which is supplying the changes happened to main.xml file for non-confusion..

thanks again.
Tamer

jleerigby

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2003, 01:52:29 pm »

Er... Why do you think this is a bug?   ?

I, for one, would be rather peeved if MC cleared my playlist every time I played a track externally.  For one thing, it would remove the ability to play multiple tracks from different directories.  Think about it. ;)

Omni

Err - Why isn't it a bug?  This is a media centre specific menu item in explorer and under it there are the options 'Play' or 'Add to playing now'.  These are meant to behave as they do in the application.  Try right clicking on a track in the library and hitting 'play' and tell me what you expect to happen?

It's a bug.

chezchas

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2003, 04:03:03 pm »

Just thought I'd confirm that the following two things are working great as of 9.1.233 (they didn't work in some earlier builds):

- right-clicking on music files in the right pane displays the pop-up menu

- auto smartlists are working

Hooray for the MC design team!

I looked at many different media organizer/players, and MC is by far the best!

chezchas

jleerigby

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2003, 01:24:34 am »

I respectfully disagree.

So if the menu item 'Play' is supposed to add tracks to playing now what exactly is the purpose of the next menu item - 'Add to playing now'.  Think about it!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2003, 04:15:04 am »

Please move the discussion to a new thread.  We try to keep this one for bugs and it gets hard to read if there is much discussion.

ZRocker

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2003, 06:02:19 am »

How do I disable the Action <whatever> window from auto-tracking to my last action?

I want to leave File Properties displayed, but it keeps changing to another view everytime I do something (like add to Playing Now, import files, etc.).

LisaRCT

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2003, 09:04:57 am »

I just noticed, when I go from a window without panes (i.e.: 'Recently Imported') back to 'Media Library', the panes do not return unless manually opened.

If you click on the 'little arrows' on the divider bar, it will snap back to the last position (thanks for fixing that) . . . .
. . . BUT shouldn't it be 'sticky' and auto-return when you go back to 'Media Library'?
I think so anyway.

ZRocker

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2003, 03:44:04 pm »

Bugs:
1. Still now way to turn off (use none) the Directory Rule when ripping (under Options > File Locations).  This has been broke in all 9.1 releases...I don't want MC to create directories when ripping.  9.0 and prior MJs did not force you to use directories.

2. Action Window auto-changes and there seems to be no way to make it fixed (stay on whatever window I choose).

Peter Engrav

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2003, 04:26:19 pm »

Import Media From Read-Only Share Doesn't Load Tags

It would appear that with 9.1.233 (I think it's new to that build) if you import media from a network share to which you have only read-only access that none of the tags in those files are imported.  This is unfortunate - I have MC on a couple of different PCs all pointed at the same share full of music and yet want to ensure that only from "my" PC can any real changes be made.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2003, 06:04:17 pm »

startup screen still 9.0  :)
Tamer

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2003, 04:06:42 am »

The CD Rip progress window keeps popping behind the main MC window when it starts to rip each new song -- i.e. I bring the progress window to the front in order to keep an eye on the progress, but as soon as the next song starts it pops behind the main MC window again.  The only way to watch the progress is to minimize the main MC window so that the CD Rip window is always visible.

Larry
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up