INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show albums by artist individually instead of in a stack  (Read 3042 times)

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
Show albums by artist individually instead of in a stack
« on: April 11, 2016, 07:47:06 am »

I've been trying to display the albums by an artist individually instead of in a stack that needs to drilled down into. Although I've been able to search and find explanations of how to do it none of the things that I've tried show the artists name and album name while displaying individually. This is a sample from iTunes that is what I'm trying to achieve. I'm pretty sure there's a way to do this but I've been unable to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Show albums by artist individually instead of in a stack
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 08:06:45 am »

Sure, that's not all that hard to do:

1. Go to your Albums view, or copy the albums view to make a new view to play with.  Click on it so you can see the albums displayed.
2.  At the top of the window, where it says Albums, there is a down arrow.  Click that and you'll get a menu.
3.  Go to Sort > Default.  Albums are now displayed in order by Artist, and then by Album title.
4.  But you don't see everything you want under the album thumbnails yet.  Go back to that menu and click on Thumbnails > Thumbnail Text .
5.  You can alter what's show here.  I suggest something like the following:

Code: [Select]
[Album Artist (auto)]
[Name]

You can reverse the order of those lines if you want to see Album Name on top and Artist underneath.  You can further modify this to show any fields you want.  But I think this is close to what you are after.

Good luck,

Brian.

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 08:27:30 am »

Sure, that's not all that hard to do:

1. Go to your Albums view, or copy the albums view to make a new view to play with.  Click on it so you can see the albums displayed.
2.  At the top of the window, where it says Albums, there is a down arrow.  Click that and you'll get a menu.
3.  Go to Sort > Default.  Albums are now displayed in order by Artist, and then by Album title.
4.  But you don't see everything you want under the album thumbnails yet.  Go back to that menu and click on Thumbnails > Thumbnail Text .
5.  You can alter what's show here.  I suggest something like the following:

Code: [Select]
[Album Artist (auto)]
[Name]

You can reverse the order of those lines if you want to see Album Name on top and Artist underneath.  You can further modify this to show any fields you want.  But I think this is close to what you are after.

Good luck,

Brian.

Thank you so much. That is EXACTLY what I was trying to do. This is a sample of what displays in JRiver Album View now. Thanks again!

RunHomeSlow

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 09:12:56 am »

You can also put another line... i show the date of album too :-)
you can change the space between them also

If You Got Ears, You Gotta Listen – Captain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS 14.3 > Audirvana Origin 2.5.x >
Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >
Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13
Pages: [1]   Go Up