INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Username and password  (Read 7439 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Username and password
« on: April 13, 2016, 09:51:20 am »

I've been having an ongoing problem getting my main MC software to regularly recognize an Id upon startup on my home network.  In trying to reed the problem ... Now, the Id is requesting a username and password upon startup.  If that was ever provided or chosen, I don't recall it.  How can I retrieve it?

Thanks.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Username and password
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 10:16:27 am »

Did authentication somehow get enabled? It's under Tools->Options->Media Network

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 11:34:33 am »

Hi Brad

I  believe you may be right.

But the username/password doesn't seem to let me get to the Id MC screen! (?)  Does that sound correct?

wayne

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 12:16:10 pm »

Hi Brad

I  believe you may be right.

But the username/password doesn't seem to let me get to the Id MC screen! (?)  Does that sound correct?

wayne
No.
Is it in text mode or gui mode?
What does the actual username text say?

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 01:13:21 pm »

Bob/Brad

When I try to boot up, the basic operating system (?) menu (with "GUI" option) comes up on the screen.  I also get the black, large "curleque" icon in the lower right corner. 

But at the same time I get a window with both the curleque AND MC icon at the top left border title, "Password."

In the window I get... "Please Enter the Credetial sfor 192.168.0  9:52199 Below" 

Then two blank fields:   Username:
                                   Password:

A box for "Save This Password"
And Choices:    Either "OK"  or  "Cancel"

SUPERIMPOSED over the middle of the window I get a ribbon message:  "Connecting to Server.  Please Wait"   Then, nothing further happens.

Thanks for the response.

wayne

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 02:44:03 pm »

Bob/Brad

When I try to boot up, the basic operating system (?) menu (with "GUI" option) comes up on the screen.  I also get the black, large "curleque" icon in the lower right corner.  

But at the same time I get a window with both the curleque AND MC icon at the top left border title, "Password."

In the window I get... "Please Enter the Credetial sfor 192.168.0  9:52199 Below"  

Then two blank fields:   Username:
                                   Password:

A box for "Save This Password"
And Choices:    Either "OK"  or  "Cancel"

SUPERIMPOSED over the middle of the window I get a ribbon message:  "Connecting to Server.  Please Wait"   Then, nothing further happens.

Thanks for the response.

wayne

Sounds like the Id is set to load a remote library.
If you hit cancel and load the main library you should be able to go on.
You can then delete the remote library it was trying to load and re-add whatever you want if you aren't using the local library.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 06:59:48 am »

Bob,

I followed your lead (above) and got back to the main menu. And what I am trying to do at this point is only to get the Id to receive files from my main PC MC library.  However, I have been having chronic problems with getting the two units to recognize each other on my WIFI network.   

As a result (I think) the Id is not connected to the main library on my main MC "server"  (as indicated by my tablet Remote MC not showing the Id as a Zone) and so I'm not sure how to now connect to that main library (?).  Can I go to #77 on the Id Menu -- Revert to no libraries  (?) and "start from scratch? 

Either way, I need to solve the connectivity problem.  (The Id network screen is showing a constant strong WIFI signal.)

Thanks again!

wayne

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 11:38:17 am »

Bob,

I followed your lead (above) and got back to the main menu. And what I am trying to do at this point is only to get the Id to receive files from my main PC MC library.  However, I have been having chronic problems with getting the two units to recognize each other on my WIFI network.   

As a result (I think) the Id is not connected to the main library on my main MC "server"  (as indicated by my tablet Remote MC not showing the Id as a Zone) and so I'm not sure how to now connect to that main library (?).  Can I go to #77 on the Id Menu -- Revert to no libraries  (?) and "start from scratch? 

Either way, I need to solve the connectivity problem.  (The Id network screen is showing a constant strong WIFI signal.)

Thanks again!

wayne
Are you connecting to the main library on the main MC server from the Id with an IP address or an access code?

I'd start by making the PC and Id get fixed IP address leases from your router if it's not already setup that way.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 12:12:36 pm »

With respect to your connection problem, are you using a wireless connection?  Check the Network Manager to see how it is set.  If you are using wireless, make sure nothing else is enabled.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 01:34:38 pm »

Hi Jim,  Sorry for the delay.

To answer your questions:  I have a router that sends out a 2.5G signal AND a 5G signal.  I have Both the Id and android pad connected to the 5G signal, and my main MC PC and NAS drive connected via wire.  Nothing else is enabled on the Id Network screen.

Thanks for your help.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 05:01:02 pm »

Hi Jim,  Sorry for the delay.

To answer your questions:  I have a router that sends out a 2.5G signal AND a 5G signal.  I have Both the Id and android pad connected to the 5G signal, and my main MC PC and NAS drive connected via wire.  Nothing else is enabled on the Id Network screen.

Thanks for your help.
Thanks for the clarification of the system setup in your PM.
Try connecting to the library server address on your Mac mini from another device on your network. In your case you'd connect to http://192.168.0.9:52199. You should get the webremote page.
If that doesn't work the Id never will connect and the problem is on your Mini.
If it does work, try the same from the Id, you can bring up a browser by going to one of the topics in the help menu. Then just put the same URL in and see what happens...
Pages: [1]   Go Up