INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request/AHK script??  (Read 2858 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature request/AHK script??
« on: April 13, 2016, 06:23:58 pm »

I know JRiver doesn't do well playing hulu, Netflix etc. inside of the program but a good workaround is to launch these programs from JRiver using applications like Auto Hotkey.  However, once they are launched, Hulu for example is easiest to navigate with a mouse.  Is there a way JRiver could add an auto hotkey like function to make the arrows on an MCE remote or regular point and click remote act as a mouse scroll wheel? 

I think this is a good strategy for programs like JRiver because they let users browse external programs or apps that lock developers out of their software.  Hulu for example cannot listen to any feature requests by its customers, or support staff, and they seem like they are dead set on their users seeing their software a very certain way.  I really like the ease of use for remotes in jriver, and it would give the program a lot of utility if I could scroll around some apps like I described above. 

Arindelle

Re: Feature request/AHK script??
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 04:23:07 am »

I can see that that could be a nice addition, too if possible. With the WDM driver it doesn't bother me to launch external programs and just use their UI. I'd prefer not to, but every time there is a work around, outside sites are just going to change their API and break it

Conversely I would like to see a "mouse" control option in JRiver. I find a good 7 button, all-surface remote mouse could have a lot of possibilities. More adaptable for almost all of my uses.   An MCE remote just has a lot more options. But that's for another thread :p

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 05:37:18 am »

You mean like this AutoHotKey script Netflix Remote Controller (Windows Netflix App in MC)?
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 09:17:56 am »

Seems to me it would be more appropriate to keep such a script outside of MC.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jachin99

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 02:56:15 pm »

Something like the Netflix controller app.  I haven't tried that one but I am thinking something not tailored for one specific app,  mostly, some kind of jriver component that added mouse scroll wheel functionality, or a way to send scroll wheel commands that is native in jriver itself.  I don't know if this can be done through windows, or if jriver has to code it for each app but I am guessing it would work best if it windows saw the scroll wheel keypresses.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 05:18:31 pm »

There are also remotes available that have a touch pad, so theoretically you could drive Windows, and the Hulu and Netflix Apps, directly with them.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jachin99

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 07:40:27 pm »

Ive tried apps like that for android but none of them had full functionality.  Apps like unified remote, and event ghost are good but they never worked quite right.  I've already made an AHK that does what I want but I was getting at taking a different approach to controlling these programs where jriver could pass commands to windows like it does for IR in a user friendly menu or setup wizard.  More of a thought than anything else because like Arindelle brought up, it seems like every time someone designs a controller or interface for one of these apps, the owners of the app break it. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up