INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some of my CD Cover Art is not "Square"  (Read 1583 times)

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
Some of my CD Cover Art is not "Square"
« on: April 15, 2016, 09:18:52 am »

David here, I've been trying out JR21 for a couple of days now.  I scanned 9 album folders and went to album view.  Five of the covers are 1 1/2 normal height (See Attachment) .  I try the
same in Collectorz and Media Monkey and they look normal!  Anyway I can fix this in JR21? Tks David

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Some of my CD Cover Art is not "Square"
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 09:42:00 am »

MC has two ways of showing cover art.  Normal "square" and Portrait "tall".  Normal is used for all audio files and many video types like TV shows, home videos, etc.  Portrait "tall" is used to show movie posters or DVD/BD covers, as they are almost always "tall".

MC figures out which way to show the cover art by looking at the [Media Sub Type] field.  If it is set to Movie, it displays them "tall".  I'm not sure how it would have happened, but I'm guessing the [Media Sub Type] is set to Movie for those files.  Highlight them, open the tagging pane (Edit > Tag) and change the [Media Sub Type] to blank for those files and you should be good to go.  Try it with one first.  Then do more.  You can do many at once simply by highlighting them, then changing the [Media Sub Type] tag in the Tagging Window.

Brian.

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Some of my CD Cover Art is not "Square"
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 10:09:53 am »

Whoa, You hit it right on the spot!! I did exactly as you instructed and those files - Media Sub Type -  were marked as "Movie"! I blanked out the field and closed the program and reopened and it looks perfect!! I would never have figured that one out!! Tks for the great reply! DN

MC has two ways of showing cover art.  Normal "square" and Portrait "tall".  Normal is used for all audio files and many video types like TV shows, home videos, etc.  Portrait "tall" is used to show movie posters or DVD/BD covers, as they are almost always "tall".

MC figures out which way to show the cover art by looking at the [Media Sub Type] field.  If it is set to Movie, it displays them "tall".  I'm not sure how it would have happened, but I'm guessing the [Media Sub Type] is set to Movie for those files.  Highlight them, open the tagging pane (Edit > Tag) and change the [Media Sub Type] to blank for those files and you should be good to go.  Try it with one first.  Then do more.  You can do many at once simply by highlighting them, then changing the [Media Sub Type] tag in the Tagging Window.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up