INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: madVR Problem  (Read 5372 times)

|Tch0rT|

• Recent member
madVR Problem
« on: April 13, 2016, 11:44:00 pm »

madVR is broken for me on 21.0.66. Under Video settings I have Red October HQ Custom and madVR for the renderer for all video files. When I click on any video it now says "Acquiring components" every single time but does not actually acquire anything. I click on open madVR settings from within JRiver and hangs and says that madVR is not installed and it can't access the internet and to check Window's Firewall settings. Windows Firewall is turned off and the PC is connected to the internet. I even manually copy madVR downloaded from the official link on the Doom9 forums to the c:\users\<name>\appdata\roaming\J River\media center 21\plugins\madvr directory and overwrite everything and JRiver just resets the folder like it's never been touched. I even turned off "Read Only" on the folder permissions and JRiver makes it read only again. I also clicked on install.bat with admin privileges just in case. :(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: madVR Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 12:30:53 am »

madVR is broken for me on 21.0.66. Under Video settings I have Red October HQ Custom and madVR for the renderer for all video files.
Please try either of the standard Red October settings (without customization).

|Tch0rT|

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 01:16:45 am »

Neither work. Standard just goes right into the video. Red October HQ non custom does the exact same thing as custom. Getting required components which it doesn't do, no madvr, and madvr settings within JRiver it says madvr isn't installed. I last had 21.0.64 and never had any problems with this previously and nothing else about my system has changed that I know of.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 02:27:11 am »

Your firewall (or other software) may be blocking downloading of the components.

|Tch0rT|

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 02:40:27 am »

Windows Firewall is turned off. It has internet access, I used JMC to browse the web for a min to make sure. It won't even let me manually install madVR, JRiver just reverts it (there's far fewer files in the JRiver madvr directory than there should be). It never used to do that.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 05:01:51 am »

Try deleting everything in the User\YourName\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\madvr folder.
Select RO-HQ then start playing a movie and see if MC then downloads and installs the files.

|Tch0rT|

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 05:20:35 am »

Try deleting everything in the User\YourName\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\madvr folder.
Select RO-HQ then start playing a movie and see if MC then downloads and installs the files.

That did the trick! Thank you!  ;D

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 05:58:45 am »

I had same issue where Video -> General Video Settings -> Open madVR Settings produced the exact same error.  I deleted the folder and MC21 reloaded it again and then it worked.

However, it created another problem.  My Display Settings automatic change mode Custom feature no longer worked.  I no longer switched to 4K based on source like it used to.  I could not get it to work no matter what I tried including rebooting.  I loaded eventually loaded 21.0.90 from 21.0.83 and it worked again, but the original issue with madVR stopped working.  I went ahead and deleted the madVR directory under pluggins and got that working again, but it broke the auto display settings again.  WTH?

I'd much rather have the auto display working over madVR adjusting from within MC21.  However, both should work.  I need help on this one!!!!   I've wasted hours trying to get this resolved.   Time to have the big dogs take a look...

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 08:48:12 pm »

Never mind.  I deleted all the entries under "list all display modes madVR may switch to:" and that worked.  I guess unchecking the option to let madVR do any switching would have also worked (leaving it to MC21 to handle).
Pages: [1]   Go Up