INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: channel change  (Read 2096 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
channel change
« on: April 16, 2016, 02:35:52 am »

hi all , just wanna ask if there is a way to speed up client to server channel change at mo since ive been using jriver think its from release 21.30 to the lastest 21.72 the client to sever channel change is 10 seconds over wired 1000gbpps network (if i worded that wrong its the fastest network one not 100mbps lol non i.t nut here) anyway back on topic but when using the server and client on same pc channel change is about 3 seconds with out the words opening splashed onscreen where as the client only pc in lounge takes about 10 seconds with the words opening splashed on the screen and to be honest i want to know how to remove that hideous splash screen from client and speed up channel change.

jriver is a great product at mo just for audio but if you remove that , the family are notice lots of missing things , i live in uk , so im missing out recording multiple channels on same transponder (ie mux) and over the epg and subtitles for hard of hearing for live tv

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: channel change
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 02:49:54 am »

What tuner are you using?  Try powering everything down and back up.

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 03:06:34 am »

it still does the same on the client only pc .  ps just made the lounge pc a server client on on same pc and done all the settings for networking sharing and watching tv etc now i have channel change  to 2 seconds and no big splash screen saying opening . wait for it lol . made the server pc a client only so that connects to lounge pc for media now earlier was other way round like i mention in my first post , guess what lol i get 10 seconds channel change and the big splash screen saying opening grrr so does seem that this is how the client part acts when connecting to a stand alone server for media or tv but media files ie movies plays ok no splash but live tv is how ive mention

thanks for the reply tho
enjoy your weekend

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 03:09:51 am »

Please take the time to provide better details.

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 03:19:19 am »

Can you be so kind to tell me if your setup has a client server ie server pc with tv cards for tv and all media on it. and a lounge pc with jriver acting as a client to share said media over network.

ps can you if that's ok tell me what other information you need

many thanks for the help and suggestions

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 12:25:40 pm »

The channel changing on a client is slow.  There is not much that can be done at this moment.  When I have time I will look into it later to see if something can be optimized.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up