INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi-Select of Media Subtype  (Read 1660 times)

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Multi-Select of Media Subtype
« on: April 16, 2016, 11:50:56 am »

I imagine I would find this answer if my search-foo were better, but I'll blame on only half a cup of coffee so far this morning.

So, is it possible to select multiple tags for media sub-type? I thought I recall that there was but I seem unable to do it.

For example, if I want to tag a video as both "Concert" and "Movie".

Now maybe it doesn't really matter (are there any concert videos that are not really a movie too?). but I thought I'd ask the question.

Thanks in advance.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multi-Select of Media Subtype
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 02:33:51 pm »

No, as far as I know, Media Sub Type is limited to only one value per file.

You can do things like you want by using Keywords, or another field though.  For example, I have some TV shows that I put into my "educational" View.  In the Educational view I filter on two properties:  [Media Sub Type]=Educational or [Keywords]=Educational .  The TV shows in question are marked with a Media Sub Type of TV Show, but with a Keywords field that includes Educational.  So these shows actually appear in two views:  My TV Shows view and my Educational videos view.

You can make your own custom fields if Keywords and the others aren't specific enough for your needs.  Again, this is the power of JRiver MC!  You can set up your views in any way you want, using a variety of tags.

Brian.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 02:38:43 pm »

Media Sub Type is a fixed field with a single value per file, because it is used to control behavior in some areas of MC.
If you want a more flexible field for tagging, you can use Keywords like Brian suggested, or maybe Genre.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 04:43:33 pm »

Ok, thanks. I'll probably just stick with the Concerts tag for now unless I see the need for more flexibility. But I probably don't.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up