INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing Iso files  (Read 1679 times)

chefpj

• Recent member
importing Iso files
« on: April 17, 2016, 12:58:45 pm »

I have about 300 blu ray disc ripped to ISO how can I get these disc into my library

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: importing Iso files
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 01:22:24 pm »

Do you have one ISO per folder, or are they all in the same folder? Are the ISO files name according the movie title? Do you have any metadata or cover art with the ISO?

One way is in Standard View, go to "Devices &Drives" find the folder where the files are located and right click and select import.

chefpj

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 01:29:12 pm »

it is one iso per folder

chefpj

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 01:30:11 pm »

cover art and metadata is in the folder. They were originally ripped with My Movies

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 04:44:15 pm »

You can add the folders that the ISOs are in to the "watched folders" list at "Tools>Options>Library & Folders", then configure auto import" where you add the folders or drive and configure the import options (such as analyze audio and get cover art, etc.).

Then you can go to the Tools>Import at top of Standard view page and click "Run Import Now". After that any new files you add to the watched folder or watched drive list will import automatically.

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 01:06:27 am »

Aren't ISO files considered Data files? I used to have them, butnow all my video is in mkv.

I seem to remember having to also click on Data Support under General=>Features to import ISO files .. maybe this has changed or maybe I'm mixing this with some other type of file ... anyway if you still can't, try this after setting the import config like CountryB mentioned.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 05:30:28 am »

I remember seeing a discussion about ISO files being importing as Data files.

But I tested one (made an ISO on my desktop and then imported into MC) and it imported as a "movie" media sub type. If there is a setting somewhere to have MC differentiate between "data" and "movie/music" ISO files, I couldn't find it. I don't normally use ISO files so I don't know when/if things changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up