INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "chapter list" availlable at Theaterview OSD size ?? (1/2 SOLVED)  (Read 2545 times)

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen

Is there a way in theaterview to display the jump to chapter list in "big theaterview like size" ? I finally managed to put my BD concert collection into mkv files with renamed chapters. So I can select easily songs for each concert....I'm tired of the full BD menu battle.

Actually it works perfectly!

Now the only issue is that I haven't figured out a way to display the jump to chapter list other than in contextual menu size which for theaterview is too small.

Am I missing something ??

your help is appreciated !

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe

hmm my friend asked me the same question and to see if this could be done via an MCE remote. so friendly bump

blgentry

This is one reason I've split my concert MKVs into individual MKVs per song.  That way I have direct access, complete with a thumbnail, for any song I want to play.  I have them all numbered via several tags, so they sort in concert order.  It's some extra effort to do this for SURE.  But the flexibility was worth it for me.  Then again, I only have less than 12 concerts so...

Brian.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen

Also thought about splitting it...tried particles...didn't convince me...but I have over 80 concerts. Still interesting approach....but for watching a concert in whole how did you do that ? you have one complete concert mkv ?...playlist?
It's a pity theaterview doesn't list the jump to chapters in "big fonts"....what's already good is that once selected the chapter name (to say : the song name) is displayed on the OSD for some seconds.

So the question still remains..would it be feasible to extend the player's OSD with a chapter listing allowing quick selection?

blgentry

Also thought about splitting it...tried particles...didn't convince me...but I have over 80 concerts. Still interesting approach....but for watching a concert in whole how did you do that ? you have one complete concert mkv ?...playlist?

I just realized my experience is going to be different because I can't use Theater View (Mac version of MC).  In standard view it's very easy to just highlight them all and press play.  Or if your options are set to "replace play all", then you just double click the first file and it plays them all.  I'm not sure how Theater view handles this.

I tried particles too, but in my case, it ended up being easier and more reliable to just split the actual video file up.  My advice may or may not apply.  Just another point of view to consider.

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

You can get a listing now using:
Theater View > Playing Now > Player > Jump To

That gives a nice menu in Theater View size of the chapter points in the film you're playing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen

Matt,
Thanks for your time !!!

When you say "you can get a listing NOW" is that meant for a next release or is it supposed to be already in MC21.0.72 ?

I tried to do what you said but didn't find where exactly.

What I try to have is :

When I'm playing let's say an MKV of Peter Gabriel's Live in Athen Bluray.

1. I have one MKV file which has 16 chapters each of which I renamed from for ex. "chapter 1" to "1. San Jacinto" with MKVtoolnix
2a. While playing, if I display the OSD i see : "now playing - " Peter Gabriel - Live in Athens (1/1)"
2b. Browsing the OSD to chapter I see "chapter - San jacinto 00:13:53.855"

What would be great to have is a way to display the complete chapter list in OSD size which I get if I right-click on the player and select jump to

Maybe it's exactly what you explain but I couldn't find it...some additional guidance would be very welcome

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Look in Theater View in the Playing Now section.  Then just follow the rest of my link.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen

Got it ;D...that's what I was looking for....but...hoping to display it DURING playback!

Actually my question should have been : is there a way to display a chapter list + eventually selector in display view (OSD) during playback (could be for ex on the OSD after chapter>up>chapter list)...

If this would be feasible some BD fullmenu geeks (like me) could call it a day and say goodbye to external licenced players (OK only ONE serious left aka PDVD) for full BD menu (which is a lifesaver for music concerts). Agreed the MKV chapter renaming is not always straight forward but experimenting this now for concerts there is definitely no more need for full BD menu support.

Your advice anyway already helped me getting nearer to my goal !

THANKS !!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up