INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing the Media Info that MC21 Automatically Downloads!  (Read 1523 times)

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
Changing the Media Info that MC21 Automatically Downloads!
« on: April 20, 2016, 02:56:06 am »

Trying to learn MC21 and problems.  I have about 4,000 video files on my External HD.  When MC21 scans the files it will only pick up the information on the movies on about 1/3 of the files, it will pick up all the cover art which I don't want any of!  In other words I want to supply my own cover art (which is in the same folder as the movie files) but I want MC21 to get from the internet all the other info (Actors, plots etc) automatically without me having to select each movie to update it!! Any settings in this software to do that? Tks, DN

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changing the Media Info that MC21 Automatically Downloads!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 07:08:14 am »

There are some auto import options to do what you are looking for.  But you have to make sure first that your files are being imported as the proper types.  If your movies are showing up as movies, then you're ready to start.  If not, you need to force your movies to be imported with [Media Sub Type] of Movie first.

The options:

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > configure auto import > Tasks > Get Cover Art > (unchecked)
Tools > Options > Library & Folders > configure auto import > Tasks > Get movie and TV info > (checked)

Also, once your files (movies) are imported, you can easily highlight all of them, or large numbers of them and run "get movie and TV info" on the whole batch at once.

Do you have auto import set up on a master directory that contains all of your movies?  You make it sound like it's a one by one process; it certainly doesn't need to be done one at a time.

About your cover art:  If it is named the same as the movie file name, all you have to do is:  <right click on movie> > Cover art > Quick find in file/cover art directory  .  Then MC will connect the cover art to the file.  If not, you can do <right click> Cover art > Add from file  and tell it the file name.

Good luck.

Brian.

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Changing the Media Info that MC21 Automatically Downloads!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 09:04:33 am »

Thanks for the great help!  I had actually seen those tool options on Monday but could not find them again.  All my movies are single file MKV's, AVI's or MP4's!  They are not in separate folders but in 1 folder only along with the Cover Art and Eng Sub Files.  Each file has the name of the movie and in ( ) the year it was released.  This includes Cover and Sub files!  (See Attachment) The cover files I've been getting by going to Google, Images and selecting the Cover I like!  They really look great in MC21 cover view!!
Tks again for the good help! DN

There are some auto import options to do what you are looking for.  But you have to make sure first that your files are being imported as the proper types.  If your movies are showing up as movies, then you're ready to start.  If not, you need to force your movies to be imported with [Media Sub Type] of Movie first.

The options:

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > configure auto import > Tasks > Get Cover Art > (unchecked)
Tools > Options > Library & Folders > configure auto import > Tasks > Get movie and TV info > (checked)

Also, once your files (movies) are imported, you can easily highlight all of them, or large numbers of them and run "get movie and TV info" on the whole batch at once.

Do you have auto import set up on a master directory that contains all of your movies?  You make it sound like it's a one by one process; it certainly doesn't need to be done one at a time.

About your cover art:  If it is named the same as the movie file name, all you have to do is:  <right click on movie> > Cover art > Quick find in file/cover art directory  .  Then MC will connect the cover art to the file.  If not, you can do <right click> Cover art > Add from file  and tell it the file name.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up