INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id Left Nav "Playing From..." Listings  (Read 3380 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Id Left Nav "Playing From..." Listings
« on: April 21, 2016, 01:16:38 pm »

I am trying to complete setting up an Id as a remote client simply to playback music files that I would send from my main MC software (on a wired PC) and wired NAS, through an android tablet.  The systems seems to be working properly, but on my Playing NOW Left NAV the Library that SEEMS TO BE LISTED as my main PC/MC Library lists VERY FEW files and a very small volume of data that appears to be visuals (album art?).  I have above 700 albums ripped.

Does this sound right, or if you are summoning music files from the main MC library, should you see any library listed in that NAV at all?  And if you want to play songs from that library does it HAVE TO BE highlighted on a connected screen (I plan to keep it headless in the long-run), or will the Id simply take a command to play the selection from the Android tablet?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Id Left Nav "Playing From..." Listings
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 02:38:10 pm »

Try connecting from the Android to MC on your server and playing.  What do you see then?

The MC Server is your source and you should see whatever is in its default library.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 09:35:21 pm »

Jim/Bob, My answer to your questions ... On the left NAV on the Id what I am seeing and experiencing is:

(CHOICES)
  1.  MC Main Library (Which I believe I loaded using its "path:"  It is showing "0 Files  123 kb in library  24 mb in library
  2.  "New Library" (Which I believe this is an Id-internal library into which I began to drag files): 140 Files.  It is showing its location in
        Media Center 20.  I am using MC 21 on my main PC and 20 on the Id.
  3.  "Wayne-PC"  (Which is the name for my main PC and location of main MC.)   Description says "This is a DLNA library from a
       device on the Network"  Trying to "LOAD" this library always results in a banner:  "Connecting to the Server..." and a window asking
       for an unspecified username and password (apparently for my router).  For some reason this choice (#3) in the NAV appears and
       disappears depending on whichever other choices one makes..

It seems like if either of the first two (#1 or #2) libraries are selected and I select music from the ANDROID it plays 100% fine. When music plays I see no change whatsoever in the library selection page on a connected monitor except that the "wave pattern " at the top of the screen does move.  Of course, I can see the specifics of the playback selection on the tablet.

What can I do to simplify?  Also, regarding the Id:
  1.  If I need to make any selections to hear playback from my main Server and tablet, how can I "freeze" those choices so that they remain the same next time I boot up?
  2.  Regarding audio output device selections, how can I "freeze" my selection so it remains the same between boot-ups?

Thanks very much!

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 09:59:43 pm »

CORRECTION/ADDITION on the above...

I just did a boot-up from scratch.  The LEFT NAV appeared with the choices described above BUT with "PLAYER" highlighted.  When I selected an album (in its entirety) the top half of the right 3/4 of the screen showed the album cover.  On the bottom of the screen the first song data appeared right away -- followed by the second song data a minute later (I assumed the other song data would probably follow).

Thanks again

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 10:52:30 am »

Jim/Bob..  ANOTHER UPDATE.

I just noticed that the Id seems  to (1) load what I believe to be its (local?) Library upon bootup, but (2) the Id is NOT recognized by the main pc jrmc until after I click on PLAYER in the left NAV.  Does this this sound correct?  Is it possible to set the Id to routinely boot up in the PLAYER position?

thank you

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 09:27:17 pm »

Jim/Bob...  My response to your previous questions (in post below in three parts) may have been overlooked because I added additional information (?). 

Thanks..

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 04:11:04 am »

Hey Wayne

Bump your previous post by replying to it. Don't start a new one especially if you don't provide a link, they won't have the time to search for it  :P (in post below in three parts ? doesn't stay "below" for long and people are looking for new unread posts "since last vist", not old ones. I doubt they are looking at a per sub-forum view either. Just saying 8)

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up