INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skinning Help  (Read 929 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Skinning Help
« on: April 22, 2016, 12:02:12 pm »

So I have decided to attempt to customize my MC Theater View skin a little bit because there aren't a lot of skin options out there, and none of the existing ones really look good on my TV.  I am using the hairstyle skin as a starting point, and I want to change the background of the skin.  When I rename my new background image to Background.png and drop it into the theater view hairstyles folder, I understand that it will apply this skin everywhere, which is what I don't want because it interferes with background art for movies, tv shows etc. 

I am thinking that I can find a new background and maximize the transparency level so it cannot be seen, and the background art will show up on top without any interference but I don't know how to code this within the skin.  I am modifying the main.xml file in order to accomplish this.  Here is the code I am trying to change with some pretty crappy results.

Code: [Select]

<PICTURE>

<Item Bitmap="Pictures\LocationBackground.png" Location="TV & Movies\***" Rect="Titlebar\0,0,100,109" Alignment="1" Alpha="100" Background="1" />
    <Item Bitmap="Pictures\Music.png" Location="Music\***" Rect="Titlebar\0,0,100,109" Alignment="1" Alpha="255" Background="1" />

</PICTURE>

When I try to place a particular background for a specific menu item, I.E. a picture of a guitar when music is selected, JR squeezes the image at the very top of the screen, and displays the background.png image on most of the screen.  Where do I go in either the folders within the skin, or the code for the skin itself to tell jriver to use one particular background for my high level menu items, I.E. Music, TV, etc., and display only background art for movie, and music submenus?
Pages: [1]   Go Up