INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG - TV Guide For MC9!  (Read 1286 times)

JHC

• Recent member
EPG - TV Guide For MC9!
« on: August 15, 2003, 10:10:42 pm »

We all know Media Center is a great app for all your media needs... it just needs a thing or two to make it perfect.

With that, I introduce the beta program for MyPIG -- short for My Program Information Guide, a TV listings manager. It runs either as a Media Center plugin or as a standalone application. It features Favorites lists, custom Chanel groups, filters, and more.

What it's missing is some feedback. Soon, I'd like anyone and everyone to give it a whirl but for the first round, I'd suggest you try it only if you've worked with XMLTV before, as it relies on XMLTV for retrieval of the online listings.

Setting up XMLTV and getting it running can be a daunting task at times, so be aware of that.

If you're the pioneering type, you can get the software and the installation / release notes here:

http://ripbar.com/MyPIG

If you don't like to troubleshoot, or prefer perfect software, wait for the final release.

Enjoy,

Jonathan

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: EPG - TV Guide For MC9!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 04:39:06 am »

Great idea for a plugin and looks very nice but...

1. Causes a conflict with Kings Cover Art Finder causing the cover art finder to fail on startup and give an error message.

2. I have set the directory for xmltv but it says it cannot find listings.  I use XMLTV for myHTPC so I set the directory to where my listings.xml file is stored and it still cannot find it. Any clue as to how to get the plugin to find my listings??

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JHC

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 07:20:12 am »

2. I have set the directory for xmltv but it says it cannot find listings.  I use XMLTV for myHTPC so I set the directory to where my listings.xml file is stored and it still cannot find it. Any clue as to how to get the plugin to find my listings??

It's not trying to find listings. It is trying to find XMLTV components. So you need to give it the XMLTV installation directory. This is typically where XMLTV.exe is.

Jonathan

JHC

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 07:25:57 am »

1. Causes a conflict with Kings Cover Art Finder causing the cover art finder to fail on startup and give an error message.

I use Cover Art Finder myself on several machines here and no conflict.

Jonathan

Pages: [1]   Go Up