INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default TV language changes for 1 channel only  (Read 3637 times)

Tom21

• Recent member
Default TV language changes for 1 channel only
« on: April 23, 2016, 12:42:54 pm »

I am having a default language problem with one channel only.  All other channels work fine.  I am using MC 21.  Because this one channel  somehow defaults to Spanish, the audio will not function for that channel. When I am watching channel 8.1 I can right click on the screen and change the audio program  from PID 53, Spanish to PID 52, English, and the audio will work fine.  If I change to another channel and go back to channel 8.1, it is back on PID 53 Spanish again. All the other channels are always defaulted to English and the audio works fine for those channels.   Please help.  I have been trying to figure this out for days.   

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Default TV language changes for 1 channel only
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 02:42:42 pm »

Might help if you could record two or three minutes from the channel, upload it to something like google drive, share the link.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 03:13:14 pm »

Are you in North America (using ATSC TV)?

Unfortunately for ATSC we currently only default to the first active stream, that is, whatever the systems defaults to.  The only way to get the correct PID is to do what you did - it after you tune to the channel.  In the future maybe I will try finding a way of saving user preferred stream in the channel itself so we will go to it automatically.

If you are using DVB, audio PID is saved in the channel.  If it is incorrect, you can edit the channel.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Tom21

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 06:01:11 pm »

Yaobing,
Thank you for your quick reply.  I'm using an antenna so I believe I have to use ATSC.  I really wish there was a solution because the main reason I purchased JRiver MC was to use it to set up scheduled recordings.  Now I feel like I just wasted $50.00 because this is not going to work for me for scheduling multiple recordings.  Any advice would be appreciated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 06:25:58 pm »

Now I feel like I just wasted $50.00

A bit harsh. I'm sure you record on more than just channel 8.1. Look at the positive side, it works for all the other channels.  ;D

Is the channel supposed to default to Spanish? I mean, is it generally a Spanish language channel? You didn't say where you were located, but if in the USA, maybe the broadcaster has made a mistake in making Spanish the default audio stream, and they could change it to English, if asked.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 07:10:25 pm »

Try recording it in TS format.  We would keep both audio streams in the recording.

Tom21

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 10:19:57 am »

Yawning,

Thank you very much for your advice.  I have switched to recording in TS format, and everything seems to be working fine now.

Just a note for anyone else who may have this problem.  I live in North America and this was a major network (ABC), which I normally receive in English on channel 8.1.  Not all programs seemed to be affected.

Thanks again.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 11:09:15 am »

Yawning,

;D ;D ;D

Thanks for reporting back.  I put this on my list of things to do.  When I get it done, audio and video PIDs will be saved as part of ATSC channels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up