INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 Skipping afterr playing 1-2 seconds  (Read 2815 times)

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
MC21 Skipping afterr playing 1-2 seconds
« on: April 23, 2016, 10:31:48 am »

Running latest version of MC21 on Windows 10 x64.

This has been happening for several weeks:  after some amount of random time MC21 won't get past the first 2 seconds of a track; it just endlessly loops.  If I reboot, the issue disappears... for a while.

I ran a log and there are a ZILLION of these:

3614031: 6024: General: CHotKeyHelper::ProcessMCC: Start
3614031: 6024: General: CHotKeyHelper::ProcessMCC: Hot key type: Hook; Command: 10004, 0
3614031: 6024: General: CMCResourceHelper::GetIsModalPopupShowing: Main window disabled
3614031: 6024: General: CHotKeyHelper::ProcessMCC: Ignoring (because of user options or different handler)
3614031: 6024: General: CHotKeyHelper::ProcessMCC: Finish (0 ms)

Maybe this has something to do with it, maybe not, but I have no idea where to start looking to try and troubleshoot this bizarre event. 

Everything worked perfectly on the same setup before this reared its ugly head.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Glenn

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21 Skipping afterr playing 1-2 seconds
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 10:42:04 am »

Sounds like a driver bug if restarting the PC fixes it.
Have you tried changing the buffer size in Device Settings or using a different output? (WASAPI, ASIO etc.)

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 10:55:12 am »

Yes to both with no change.

I guess I'd like to understand what the log file means.  Within a 30-minute span of no activity (MC just sitting in the background, not playing) there were hundreds of those lines repeated (and now after 8 hours the log file is over a half million lines long with the same repeating set of lines above!)

I should also add that ONLY happens within MC21.  Music played from within my browser (Amazon, Youtube, etc.) works fine.

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 10:38:47 am »

Could someone from JRiver please explain the log file snippet I posted above.  Clearly, based on the constant repetition, there's a problem within the program.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 10:56:26 am »

Maybe this is a silly idea but...

MCC 10004 is "previous track".  The default keyboard mapping for that command is control-L .  Is it possible your keyboard is malfunctioning and sending control-L over and over again?  Most programs would ignore that key sequence.  Maybe you could try another keyboard?

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 11:58:31 am »

What are you playing and what device are you playing it to?

Are you using build 71, available in a thread near the top of this board?

Antivirus?

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 01:53:33 pm »

I have a Corsair K95 mechanical keyboard and I do use its programmable hotkey capability, but nothing with 'CTRL-L'.  I also use other programs like SnagIt with associated hotkeys.  I've had the keyboard for about 6 months now and I'm pretty sure the problem didn't exist for that long... maybe 4-6 weeks?  The keyboard seems to work fine as far as I can tell.  Previously, I used a Logitech programmable keyboard and never had this issue.

On a wild (lucky) guess, which seems to be working so far, I changed 'Media Key Mode' in MC (Options-General-Advanced) to 'disabled' from 'automatic' and the problem immediately disappeared.  I don't really use that MC functionality anyway right now so not a big deal, but it's pretty weird that it would start happening seemingly out of the blue. 

Jim, I'm running the latest build on Windows 10 Ultimate x64 and using its built-in antivirus capability (don't know if I can turn that off).  I run an optical cable from the PC to my Yamaha RX-A820 and play... well... music.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 02:19:51 pm »

What is the full version?

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 02:27:23 pm »

Of... MC?  21.0.72

Is that what you're asking?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 02:40:15 pm »

Yes.  Thanks.

Good that you have a solution.  It would be interesting to test another keyboard or removing the hotkey customization you're using.
Pages: [1]   Go Up