INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Default Media Player  (Read 1169 times)

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
Windows Default Media Player
« on: April 25, 2016, 10:23:48 am »

I am currently using Win 7 Pro.  I still have JR19 and 20 on the PC for archival reasons, but I primarily use JR21.

Mostly, I play everything from within JR.  Occasionally, I click on a media or video file directly in Windows to see what is there.  Even though I have JR21 open, Windows is opening and using JR20 when I do that.

I realize there is a way in Windows to associate JR21 with each media file type extension explicitly one at a time.  But, is there a way to do that for all common media file types in one fell swoop?  One at a time sounds like a pain.

I gotta believe there is.  JR20 appeared to do that vs. JR19.  But, JR21 did not supersede 20 in doing that in my setup.

I have not tried uninstalling 20, because I would like to keep it around for awhile, just in case.  I also realize I could drag and drop media files into JR21, but that is a pain on my wireless keyboard.  I prefer just a click on the media file itself on occasion.

Any thoughts?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Windows Default Media Player
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 02:46:25 pm »

try this....open MC21 then go to tools>options>file types   now it may show that the file type is associated with MC but choose all again to see if that helps.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up