INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 LOCKS UP ON ID CLASSIC  (Read 3305 times)

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
MC20 LOCKS UP ON ID CLASSIC
« on: April 28, 2016, 01:27:04 am »

This is related to my previous post about not finding a mounted NAS drive. As soon as I close any menu window, such as the Import window under the Tools menu, MC locks up and clicking on anything, including all menu tabs, Overview, Audio, etc. has no result. I have to reboot the Id and start all over. Why is MC so unstable? What can I do, other than updating and rebooting (multiple times by now), to make it useable?  ?

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC20 LOCKS UP ON ID CLASSIC
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 08:06:56 pm »

I noticed when I minimized a window, that it became a tab in the bottom task bar. I then also saw JRiver Media Center 20 as a tab there. When I clicked on it, it made MC20 active again and I was able to click within it again. Might it be a good idea to always have the main MC20 screen active and to include this feature in the next update?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 12:16:10 pm »

The main MC window is inactive when any other MC menu is active by design.
On linux this can lead to a situation where it seems like MC is locked up if you cover or minimize the the higher priority window. We haven't found a way to work around that in XWindows yet.

For the Id specifically, if you boot it in text mode when you connect to the Id using Remote Desktop or VNC, MC is in MediaServer mode. This means it's minimized by default and will not display any popup messages that could cause MC to block.

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 05:36:07 pm »

Thanks Bob. I haven't tried Remote Desktop or VNC. Would that allow me to basically add a head to the Id without connecting KVM?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 07:07:42 pm »

Thanks Bob. I haven't tried Remote Desktop or VNC. Would that allow me to basically add a head to the Id without connecting KVM?
Correct!

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 08:49:45 pm »

I will try it and let you know. I will likely have a few questions on how to do it, unless you can direct me to a link/article on using Remote Desktop with Id.
Pages: [1]   Go Up