INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Convolution Filter - JRiver Mac 21 used as server to stream audio files  (Read 2431 times)

FredericG

Hello,

My audio configuration is notably as follows : JRiver installed on a Mac Mini connected with an ethernet cable to my External network streamer (3Dlab Nano transport) connected with AES/EBU to my Audioresearch DAC8.

I set JRiver as a media server to stream audio files to my External network streamer.

I have generated FIR filters with Accurate.

When I tried to use these filters through the DSP studio module in the options- add or configure DLNA servers - advanced-DSP studio, the convolution filter does not work. I received always the following message : "Playback stopped or current playback doesn't support processing".

It appears that none of the Studio DSP settings are operating when using JRiver as a server (DLNA).

Is it due to a current limitation of the software or have I missed something in the settings ? (May it be caused by my external network streamer (3Dlab)?

In this respect, I red on internet that JRiver MC for Mac can not operate the DSP studio Over DLNA... I don't know if it a false or truth comment....

In the case where my issue would be due to a current limit of JRiver MC21 for MAC, Would it be possible in the future for a new release to benefit from the implementation of the DSP studio (convolution) over DLNA ?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback and comments.

Kind regards,

Frederic

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

MC for Mac can do almost everything MC for Windows can do.  I don't think MC for Mac has any limitations in it's network (DLNA) implementation compared to the Windows version.

I don't know a lot about DSP and DLNA.  This forum doesn't get a ton of traffic either as it's mainly Mac focused.  You might post this same question in the Media Network forum.  It will probably get more attention there.

Good luck.

Brian.

FredericG

Hello,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I posted my question in the Media Network forum.

Kind regards,

Frederic
Pages: [1]   Go Up