INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Suddenly Won't Connect  (Read 2185 times)

Schooner

• Recent member
JRemote Suddenly Won't Connect
« on: May 01, 2016, 08:52:10 am »

I've had no problems with JRemote in the past, but today it stopped connecting.  I tried a few things to no avail.  Then I removed the app, reinstalled it, checked settings in JRiver, etc.  Still no luck,  The Connection Summary in JRemote says:

Found 2 addresses
Connecting to IP: ##### Port 51299  (### are my own - it lists full IP address)
Timed Out
Connecting to IP: ##### Port 51299 (another IP address)
Timed Out

Any ideas how to fix this this?

BY the way, when I started JRiver this morning, I got a message it was reinstalling the program.  I get this periodically.  I assume its some kind of update.  It does not take long and I do not have to reimport all my songs or anything.

Schooner

• Recent member
Re: JRemote Suddenly Won't Connect
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 09:19:53 am »

I reset my Access Key a few times and that did not work

Also, I tried connecting with the IP address.  Which IP address do I use -- my computer running JRiver or my NAS with the files?  I treid both

Whether using the Access Key or the IP address, both have an option for Authentication by entering User Name and Password.  Again, what are they for -- the computer, the NAS, JRiver??

Is there a way to specific the IP addresses in JRiver?  Or only in JRemote?

BTW -- I can push music from JRiver to my stereo without a problem.  I just cannot use JRemote.

I'm going to try powering down everything and then trying again after restarting.

Schooner

• Recent member
Re: JRemote Suddenly Won't Connect
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 09:51:22 am »

Ok.  I powered down everything -- computer, NAS, router -- and then rebooted.  JRemote working now.  If others are having the same problem, maybe this will work for them.  Good for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up