INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Music from USB Stick the Path stays same as the USB Stick  (Read 1588 times)

Jazz3215

• Recent member

After Importing a music cut from my USB memory stick into my main library the path stays the same as the USB memory.
For instance: My Main library shows - F:\Music\Santana\Santana IV\09-Suenos.flac
It should show the path in my main library as  - C:\Music\Santana\Santana IV\09-Suenos.flac
When I unplug the USB stick and try to play MC can't locate the file even though its in the library.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

That's what should happen if you import.  Copy the files to C: first and then import them.

Or use the tool called Rename, Move, or Copy.

Jazz3215

• Recent member

Thanks, I didn't know how it works. I had already tried previously to just hard copy the music to the artist folder
which already contained another album. But, I didn't know that the second step was to import it into the library.
Hopefully, it'll work the next time I try it. The more I download Hi-Res music from HDTracks the memory stick
is the best way to transfer large files to MC. It would be great if it was a one-step process.

Pages: [1]   Go Up