INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing HDTracks Files  (Read 2741 times)

RickLang

• Recent member
Importing HDTracks Files
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:29:29 am »

I can't import any of my HDTracks music files, regardless of whether I try to import the whole HDTracks library or just individual folders.

I've had these files for years, from before I installed JRiver. Now I have them in a subdirectory to the primary JRiver MC library—G:\LMSLibrary\HDTracks. As many times as I've configured this subdirectory for Auto Import, the import time remains 0 and the files imported 0. Further, the listing is gone from the Tools\Import\Configure Auto Import group the next time I open it.

Since I play to a Logitech Transporter, I have to run JRiver over Logitech Media Server and Whitebear. Both the LMSLibrary and the HDTracks folder are listed in the Logitech Media Folders window.

Any idea what might be going wrong here?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Importing HDTracks Files
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 10:39:50 am »

Is "Ignore files previously removed from library" checked in configure auto-import?

RickLang

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 01:54:56 pm »

It has been checked, but taking a possible hint, I tried to import a folder/album with the 'ignore previously removed' unchecked. No difference - nothing came in.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 05:57:37 pm »

Just to be sure about this, how are you checking whether anything was imported or not, or whether it is in your library or not?
It could be mis-tagged and therefore not showing up where they are expected to be.

Can you locate the files withing MC's Drives & Devices > Explorer?

RickLang

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 06:33:22 pm »

This is a question I've asked myself for weeks. Regardless of what the import results show, I've been checking whether the files that should have been imported were. The answer is no, the files in HDTracks are not available in JRiver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 07:10:37 pm »

Check your auto-import options.  Tools > Import. 

Add or remove directories.  Edit to select file types to import.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 09:18:14 am »

Two suggestions:

1.  Go to Audio > Files and navigate to a directory where some of these HD Tracks files are located.  Do you see them listed?  If so, they are imported.  If not, you have some issue with getting them imported.
2.  Can you play them with MC without importing them?  File > Open Media File .  If so, the files are "good".  If not, there's some incompatibility between the files and MC.  Possible corrupt files.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up