INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tempo & Pitch plugin gets disabled on file change  (Read 2714 times)

Sanxel

• Recent member
Tempo & Pitch plugin gets disabled on file change
« on: May 05, 2016, 02:04:58 am »

Hello,

There is a problem I have for some time. The settings for Tempo & Pitch DSP are loaded successfully for tagged video files, but the DSP itself gets deactivated on video start. VideoClock is off.
So if I set the speed, for example, to +0.20x, manually, after the player restart it will be +0.30x, as specified in the preset, but the checkbock gets disabled and the file plays at default tempo.

I suspect, the VideoClock feature might somehow mess this up, because for audio files there is no such problem. There is some annoyance, though - that the T&P stays active with the last specified speed for untagged audio files. But any video file launch disables the T&P again.

This might seem like a minor inconvenience for some, but I, personally very much like this feature of JRiver and almost always change the speech playback speed. And having to go to DSP Studio adds up for large video playlists.

Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSP settings loads ok, but stays inactive for video
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 07:07:44 am »

Do you have bitstreaming activated for Dolby Digital and DTS?

Tools > Options > Audio > Settings > Bitstreaming > (choose here)

Bitstreaming bypasses the DSP for the types that are selected.

Brian.

Sanxel

• Recent member
Re: DSP settings loads ok, but stays inactive for video
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:13:50 am »

Do you have bitstreaming activated for Dolby Digital and DTS?
No.
Just to demonstrate, I've extracted the audio from the mkv I did a screenshot on, tagged it with the same preset, and it successfully loads it without problems, because there is no video.

Alex.

Sanxel

• Recent member

I use latest stable build 21.0.76 for Windows.

Sanxel

• Recent member
Re: Tempo & Pitch plugin gets disabled on file change
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 03:03:08 am »

By the way, in YouTube, for example, it also have a similar feature(Speed). And there, if I set it to 1.25, it gets preserved after switching videos in playlist, till the close of a browser or tab...
Pages: [1]   Go Up