INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists wont export to portable hi-res players, only albums will;  (Read 3569 times)

mihalis

I've had the same problem with the DX90 and the Sony NWZ-A17 Walkman.
Playlists wont export, only albums will.
With the DX90 I was able to fix the problem by changing the file path in the playlist file for each song separately; is there a better way?
Thanks!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

Are you using handheld sync?  Or are you doing file > export playlist ?  Or something else?

You should probably be using handheld sync depending on your exact desires.

Brian.

mihalis

I use handheld sync from the toolbar.

blgentry

So what's going on?  Do you have some playlists checked in the handheld sync definition?  Do they appear in the Playlists directory on the target device?

I'm not sure how to guide you because I don't understand your description of "playlists won't export, but albums will".

Brian.

Auerhahn

I found out that it is definitely not possible to export playlists from JRiver for Mac to a HiRes player. JRiver is unable to export in the right format (Extended m3u), and the path is given in mac conform, while the player needs it windows conform. So the best solution is: forget it or write a script which changes the exported playlists to the right format.

blgentry

I found out that it is definitely not possible to export playlists from JRiver for Mac to a HiRes player. JRiver is unable to export in the right format (Extended m3u), and the path is given in mac conform, while the player needs it windows conform. So the best solution is: forget it or write a script which changes the exported playlists to the right format.

I only know of one player that needs Windows formatted play lists.  I'm sure there are more than one, but they are certainly the minority.  As for scripting, that's certainly possible and it's the solution I gave to the last person that had this issue with his Windows format playlist player.  I even wrote the core transformation code for him.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up