INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "No Signal" Hauppage WinTV-HVR 930C setup  (Read 5244 times)

bahamas

• Recent member
"No Signal" Hauppage WinTV-HVR 930C setup
« on: May 05, 2016, 11:48:06 am »

I am setting up on a German cable distribution - initially, I have been using the Hauppage-provided WinTV software, where everything is fine and viewing not a problem.
I am evaluating MC as a replacement for WMC, and need to integrate TV seamlessly for the family, no one wants a fractured entertainment experience.

Now, initially, everything seems fine and Scan finds all the channels that WinTV also had found - but when I try to watch I get a black screen - after a while a message "waiting for channel lock" followed by "no signal" - and that's that.

Does anyone have a pointer what is going on - what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Hm

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: "No Signal" Hauppage WinTV-HVR 930C setup
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:46:34 pm »

Have you checked your cable connection and made sure it is still connected securely?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 02:16:36 pm »

Are you trying to view "free cable channels"?
In USA there are "Copy-Freely" channels and cable channels that are marked "Copy-Once", and only Copy Freely works with JRiver. Is it the same in Germany? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_Control_Information

Also, I saw on the Hauppauge website that the HVR-930C requires additional software (DVBLink) for the reception of DVB-C TV in Windows Media Center. Maybe DVBLink is needed for JRiver too.  http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hvr930c.html

bahamas

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 05:01:13 pm »

thanks for your suggestions:

Yes, the connection is good, and as I said TV reception works using the Hauppage-supplied WinTV

As far as DVBlink is concerned, this would be needed in WMC because Microsoft never bothered to implement European Cable channels: WMC has no clue where to look.

And don't forget: JRiver MC did scan correctly, found and named the channels - and I am only interested in FTA channels, so no encryption etc. going on. Still, as soon as I want to open one of the channels I get the black screen as described earlier

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 06:03:38 pm »

I don't know.  If we can scan for channels, and the channels are free to view, we should be able to view the channels.  A black screen usually indicates there is no signal, or the signal can not be interpreted, as in encrypted channels.

You can turn on logging and email me a log.  yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 12:35:18 am »

Did you get this one sorted out?

Similar problem over here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=104740.msg728488#msg728488 which ended up being a Firewall/security application problem. Turning the firewall off wasn't enough.

Not on a hauppauge tuner though. Which model do you have?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up