INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 setups of MC21  (Read 2201 times)

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
2 setups of MC21
« on: May 07, 2016, 03:30:57 am »

I would like to ask a question,is it possible to be able to have 2 setups of MC21

on the same PC.

1) For audio settings

1) For Video settings

I ask as I find myself having to change several settings every time I want to switch

between video or audio.

Any comments and suggestions would be very helpful and appreciated

Thank you in advance

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: 2 setups of MC21
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 04:58:37 am »

You only need one MC running. Go to the Wiki and read about zones and zone switch. It allows you to automatically change settings depending on the media playing.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 06:00:09 am »

Zones is an option Or you can specify a different audio device (or renderer) in the Video option as per snapshot attached.

And for audio Under Audio option I use another device (ASIO USB Dac).  Don't forget to check bitsreaming if you want AC3/DTS audio going to a Dolby Digital or DTS capable receiver.

What I like about this VS Zone is it's totally tranparent to the user ie no user intervention required bwn audio and video files.  But I also use zones if I want to show Video display while listening to music in the background.

So you don't have to run 2 different MC instances separately.   This works great.  Sky is the limit :)

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 07:49:30 am »

You only need one MC running. Go to the Wiki and read about zones and zone switch. It allows you to automatically change settings depending on the media playing.

Thank you
that helps
Cheers

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 07:50:43 am »

Zones is an option Or you can specify a different audio device (or renderer) in the Video option as per snapshot attached.

And for audio Under Audio option I use another device (ASIO USB Dac).  Don't forget to check bitsreaming if you want AC3/DTS audio going to a Dolby Digital or DTS capable receiver.

What I like about this VS Zone is it's totally tranparent to the user ie no user intervention required bwn audio and video files.  But I also use zones if I want to show Video display while listening to music in the background.

So you don't have to run 2 different MC instances separately.   This works great.  Sky is the limit :)

Thank you for your help and the snapshot
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up