INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slight poping sound when changing to different song tracks  (Read 2069 times)

chris635

• Junior Woodchuck

Hey guys,

I need help trying to figure out what is causing this slight pop in my speakers when I change to different song tracks (while listening to music). I am using ASUS Xonar Essence STX (WASAPI), If I use anything different, my video and audio will not sync when watching videos.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Slight poping sound when changing to different song tracks
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 09:02:40 am »

What between track mode are you using?

Try cross-fading.

If you still have problems, try increasing the pre-buffering in Options > Audio.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

seanmcdougall

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 06:13:52 pm »

Many cards click like this every time they receive a new signal - it's just a function of how they work. JRiver has an option to play a little silence between tracks, purely as a way of helping to mask the sound.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 06:40:52 pm »

Many cards click like this every time they receive a new signal - it's just a function of how they work. JRiver has an option to play a little silence between tracks, purely as a way of helping to mask the sound.

Well in gapless or cross-fading mode there's no new signal being sent to the card.  Just a continuous stream from track to track.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up