INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error starting Direct3D  (Read 2328 times)

imcardle

• Recent member
Error starting Direct3D
« on: May 08, 2016, 02:41:15 pm »

Windows 7, MC 21. "Error starting Direct3D engine (error getting adapter information)". Doesn't happen if there is a monitor connected. The NUC has HDMI output only. I just assumed the Intel HD chip needs a monitor attached, but to be honest I didn't bother trying to make it work as I don't need or want theatre view unless there's a nice big monitor connected, and I only ever ran into the problem by accident.

I've recently started getting this Direct3D engine error every time my machine comes out of sleep mode.  It seems to have started happening since it updated to 21.0.76.  Previous version I was using was 21.0.65 (I think) and that was fine.  Does anyone know what's caused this or how to fix it?

Edit - Just to clarify:  I'm using the Intel HD graphics and an external TV connected via HDMI.
My hardware:  Shuttle xPC SZ68R5 case, Core i7-2700K, 8GB, TBS6284 PCIe quad tuner (DVB-T2), Intel HD3000 graphics, Samsung TV (HDMI), Aeotec Z-Stick
My software:  Windows 10 Home (x64), J River MC 22.0.97, Engen 1.0.55
My location:  United Kingdom

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Error starting Direct3D
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 03:20:01 pm »

I've recently started getting this Direct3D engine error every time my machine comes out of sleep mode.  It seems to have started happening since it updated to 21.0.76.  Previous version I was using was 21.0.65 (I think) and that was fine.  Does anyone know what's caused this or how to fix it?

Edit - Just to clarify:  I'm using the Intel HD graphics and an external TV connected via HDMI.

There's an ongoing thread about it over here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=104235.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up