INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manual import pull-down list question  (Read 2355 times)

acmeseed

• Recent member
Manual import pull-down list question
« on: May 09, 2016, 01:04:41 pm »

I am wondering from where MC gets the list of folders when you choose Tools --> Import --> Import a single folder and you pull down the the arrow that displays the window with a list of folders?

In my case what comes up is a list of locations which are not related to folders I have previously imported, I guess this list comes from Windows.

I would like to suggest some enhancements to this process, instead of what comes up, I would like to see a list of previously imported locations, I keep my files in M:\MP3s with sub-folders for genre and artist, it would be nice to see something like M:\MP3s\Blues\Eric Clapton, etc. rather than C:\Users\xxxxx.

Perhaps also a feature where if you highlight  a folder in your Audio --> Files tree, have the import assume that this is where you would like to do a manual import.

I know you can also import directly using Windows Explorer, but in my case I use Directory Opus as a replacement and this program does not link up with MC.

I will greatly appreciate your feedback.

Mike.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Manual import pull-down list question
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 04:02:19 pm »

I would like to suggest some enhancements to this process, instead of what comes up, I would like to see a list of previously imported locations, I keep my files in M:\MP3s with sub-folders for genre and artist, it would be nice to see something like M:\MP3s\Blues\Eric Clapton, etc. rather than C:\Users\xxxxx.

What you're asking for is essentially covered by auto import.  You can set up your directories for auto import, but then *disable* background auto import.  So auto import will only run when you "run auto import now".  This should do essentially exactly what you want, by maintaining a list of locations you import from frequently, but only running on demand when you tell it to.

Brian.

acmeseed

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 07:10:08 pm »

Thanks for your reply Brian.

"What you're asking for is essentially covered by auto import"

I'll explore that option, up no now I import folders on a one by one basis, but this sounds like a good alternative.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 07:20:42 pm »

in tools>options>library & folders you can select the auto import options.  all the folders that you manually import, set them to be "watched" in auto import.  As blgentry mentioned you can turn off "run auto import in background", in which case you would go to tools>options and run auto import manually (and all folders will import as if you did it manually)

even better, set them to update in the background and all the new files in there will just show up nicely without any efforts.  you can choose how intrusive you want auto import to be, from nothing (except import the files) all the way to auto-tagging the files depending on which folder they are found in

this is one of the really great features of MC and i'm pretty sure you'll love some configuration of it 
Pages: [1]   Go Up