INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Significance of "THERE" in Id Tree?  (Read 3647 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Significance of "THERE" in Id Tree?
« on: May 09, 2016, 01:16:59 pm »

I am setting up my Id as a remote music player (only) at this time (not a server).  It is receiving music files from my main MC software, which is taking its commands from an Android tablet with MC Remote. I am using the DAC in an OPPO BDP-105 via a USB connection in my main listening area, and the 105 is connected to the network via wire.  In my remote Id area, the Id is connected to the DAC in an OPPO HA-1.

Under the "Playing Now" section of my Id Tree, my list includes "Player," "There: Main" and "There: OPPO BDP 105." 

Two questions:  (1) Are these listings meant to simply be showing me the zones in my MC system?  I believe elsewhere in the Forum I read that if there is no intent to use the Id as a server, one can "Hide" these other zones to avoid confusion (?).  And (2) What is the significance of the word "THERE" in these listings?

Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Significance of "THERE" in Id Tree?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 12:02:11 pm »

I am setting up my Id as a remote music player (only) at this time (not a server).  It is receiving music files from my main MC software, which is taking its commands from an Android tablet with MC Remote. I am using the DAC in an OPPO BDP-105 via a USB connection in my main listening area, and the 105 is connected to the network via wire.  In my remote Id area, the Id is connected to the DAC in an OPPO HA-1.

Under the "Playing Now" section of my Id Tree, my list includes "Player," "There: Main" and "There: OPPO BDP 105." 

Two questions:  (1) Are these listings meant to simply be showing me the zones in my MC system?  I believe elsewhere in the Forum I read that if there is no intent to use the Id as a server, one can "Hide" these other zones to avoid confusion (?).  And (2) What is the significance of the word "THERE" in these listings?

Thanks.

When you connect to a server with the Id (or any MC for that matter) the Id sees other rendering devices in relation to the server it's connected to, not itself. Hence the There: depictions.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 11:34:34 am »

OK  thanks Bob.  In other words (?): the renderers that are listed with "There....." on my Id means that those renderers are connected to some other server -- not that particular Id.  Correct?     

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 11:39:15 am »

OK  thanks Bob.  In other words (?): the renderers that are listed with "There....." on my Id means that those renderers are connected to some other server -- not that particular Id.  Correct?     
Correct!

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 11:09:26 am »

THANKS BOB!
Pages: [1]   Go Up