INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording streams  (Read 1560 times)

Tucker8715

• Recent member
Recording streams
« on: May 10, 2016, 06:11:09 am »

Streaming is the future and deserves considerable effort to use easily and well in MC.  Right now MC recordings of aac streams don't include some data that is available such as recording duration.  In addition, it is impossible to fast forward or pause a recording during playback, or get information about timing such as the playback position within the recording.  Winamp does it much better so I normally use MC to make a recording but Winamp to play it back.  But there is at least one important problem for me with using MC for recording which is that if a stream starts at say 10 pm one day and ends at 1 am the next, the recording aborts at the end of the first day.  So I have to use a third app (Total Recorder) to make the recording.  All very inconvenient.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Recording streams
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 07:32:58 am »

Are you using the 'Record stream for xx minutes' popup that shows in web radio?

Or are you recording with something else?

It tripping at the end of a day is kind of a riddle to me, so I'd love to figure out what you're using and why that might be happening.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Tucker8715

• Recent member
Re: Recording streams
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 09:12:12 am »

Yes, I'm using the xx minutes recording duration setting under the Scheduler in MC21.  I wouldn't consider it a popup though - does that occur somewhere that I haven't found?
Pages: [1]   Go Up