INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wave nx  (Read 8889 times)

jtclicker

• Recent member
wave nx
« on: May 01, 2016, 11:44:42 am »

First post to the forum. I'm evaluating MC21 and like what I hear a lot. I'm trying to load the wave nx vst plugin and am getting an error. I am on win10. I navigate to WaveShell-VST 9.6.dll, in the Program86 (i.e. 32 bit), and it refuses to load. Done the same with the nx.dll. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: wave nx
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 12:35:06 pm »

Would you be willing to send a copy of the plugin to matt at jriver dot com?

I'll erase it as soon as I'm done testing.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jtclicker

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 01:37:18 pm »

sure, although it is only a demo and it installs through the wave installer, so i don't actually have a copy. You could probably download a demo yourself. I could send you the two .dll files though. It looks like a good plugin for headphones, allowing you to simulate rooms and it even tracks your head so the sound changes as you move. Here is a link to download a demo http://www.waves.com/plugins/nx#introducing-nx-virtual-mix-room

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 02:10:54 pm »

I should have a copy of it, but I was never able to get it loaded on the Mac or Windows versions of Media Center 21.

jtclicker

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 03:28:29 pm »

glad it wasn't just me then!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 10:01:29 am »

Brad didn't have the plugin upon further investigation.  And I'm trying to download it with Waves Central, but it's been hung on "Downloading & copying files..." for over half an hour and the progress hasn't moved at all.

So I think I really need you to send me the VST plugin if we want to make any progress.  Again I'm matt at jriver dot com.

Nevermind.  I got it downloaded by running the app in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 11:56:47 am »

A little debugging.

It calls HostCallback with an ID of audioMasterCurrentId which we don't currently implement, and worse with an ID of 37 which is totally undefined.  I tried giving -1, 0, and 1, but all of them result in a NULL pointer coming back from the call to this: m_pEffect = (AEffect *)pMainEntry(HostCallback);

So I'm kind of puzzled.  Sorry.

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 06:12:02 pm »

Waves NX is a VST3 plugin. Does MC support VST3 plugins?

Waves NX can be made to work with MC 21. I listened to it at a head-fi meet last weekend. Running in combination with MC version 21. However, the software configuration to make it all work was not so simple.

Waves NX doesn't work as a plugin directly in MC. It needs to be hosted in a host that supports VST3. The setup at the meet involved hosting Waves NX in Cubase. Then using virtual cables and virtual repeaters to connect MC and Cubase together. It was all a bit complicated. But it worked. Even the head tracking was working (using the camera on a laptop). Really neat. Waves NX does a very very nice crossfeed. Sounds natural. I want. But I don't want to deal with such a complicated setup and configuration to get it to work.

I'm wondering if the Metaplugin wrapper by DDMF is able to host Waves NX? And would Metaplugin work in MC when hosting Waves NX? I don't know. I haven't tried. If it works it would be a simpler setup and configuration than trying to do the same with Cubase and virtual cables.

jtclicker

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 03:53:25 am »

thank you all for the work on this. I'm wondering if MC would run in something like audiomulch? I've got audiomulch on a laptop in for repair, I'll try it when i get it back. I'm guessing the cubase install would have been using rewire?

Frobozz

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 03:36:00 pm »

thank you all for the work on this. I'm wondering if MC would run in something like audiomulch? I've got audiomulch on a laptop in for repair, I'll try it when i get it back. I'm guessing the cubase install would have been using rewire?

I believe the setup was using Virtual Audio Cable and ASIO audio.

I haven't tried it myself. I don't have any of the needed software so I'd need to use the demo versions. And some of those time-out. I don't want to install demos that time-out until I have enough time to explore them during the demo period. I don't have that time right now.

jtclicker

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 02:57:22 am »

Ok thanks

atomicbob

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 05:13:29 pm »

Waves NX is a VST3 plugin. Does MC support VST3 plugins?

Waves NX can be made to work with MC 21. I listened to it at a head-fi meet last weekend. Running in combination with MC version 21. However, the software configuration to make it all work was not so simple.

Waves NX doesn't work as a plugin directly in MC. It needs to be hosted in a host that supports VST3. The setup at the meet involved hosting Waves NX in Cubase. Then using virtual cables and virtual repeaters to connect MC and Cubase together. It was all a bit complicated. But it worked. Even the head tracking was working (using the camera on a laptop). Really neat. Waves NX does a very very nice crossfeed. Sounds natural. I want. But I don't want to deal with such a complicated setup and configuration to get it to work.

I'm wondering if the Metaplugin wrapper by DDMF is able to host Waves NX? And would Metaplugin work in MC when hosting Waves NX? I don't know. I haven't tried. If it works it would be a simpler setup and configuration than trying to do the same with Cubase and virtual cables.
Was that the meet at Bottlehead? If so that was me that had the MC 20 - Cubase - Virtual Cables - Virtual Repeaters - Sonarworks - Waves NX setup. It is a bit complicated but I have it working at 88 KHz 24 bits throughout and that consumes 45 to 50% of a core i7 on a Toshiba custom laptop. Turning off the head tracking drops the overall CPU consumption to 20%. It would be FAR more convenient if JRiver could support Waves Nx directly without all the extra effort. Waves Nx is the first crossfeed that actually works well in my opinion. A major step forward for headphone listeners, though the product is targeting music production with headphone mixing.

Frobozz

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 02:29:25 pm »

Was that the meet at Bottlehead? If so that was me that had the MC 20 - Cubase - Virtual Cables - Virtual Repeaters - Sonarworks - Waves NX setup. It is a bit complicated but I have it working at 88 KHz 24 bits throughout and that consumes 45 to 50% of a core i7 on a Toshiba custom laptop. Turning off the head tracking drops the overall CPU consumption to 20%. It would be FAR more convenient if JRiver could support Waves Nx directly without all the extra effort. Waves Nx is the first crossfeed that actually works well in my opinion. A major step forward for headphone listeners, though the product is targeting music production with headphone mixing.

It was the meet at Bottlehead and your setup I was listening to. I'm Hammy, a.k.a. Ham Sandwich, or Frobozz (Zork reference).  :)

I experimented a bit last night and got Waves NX working in Media Center!   ;D
Using the DDMF Metaplugin to host Waves NX. And it's all working in JRiver Media Center. Woot! Even the head tracking is working.

That Metaplugin is awesome. Makes this work easily and really simplifies the configuration.

The DDMF Metaplugin is $49 and has easy licensing that lets you install on more than one computer at a time.
Waves NX is $99 and has a PITA licensing configuration install process.
I'm just running the demo versions of Metaplugin and Waves NX to make sure this all works. I'll be buying this. It's worth the $150.

Waves NX is a really good crossfeed. It sounds natural and spacious and without weirdness that other crossfeeds can cause.

atomicbob

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 08:12:58 pm »

That is EXCELLENT hammy. Acquired the metaplugin and have it running now. Waaaay easier than what I had to setup with virtual cables and repeaters. And now I can run varying native sample rates instead of converting everything to 88KHz first. MC + Waves Nx + Sonarworks + polarity reverse and cable + GuMB + Liquid Crimson + HD650 (from SW) is an extraordinary experience. Also works really well with Ygg and ZanaDuex and HD800.
Pages: [1]   Go Up