INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: syncing sony android, wont reconize.  (Read 2107 times)

whistlerski

syncing sony android, wont reconize.
« on: May 10, 2016, 04:13:44 pm »

Hey so I have a sony z5. When I open jriver it does not detect it. My computer only recognizes it with as "remote disc". If i click "add device" in jriver it does not work either. the android file transfer app does work however. Is there some driver that i am missing? I've searched around and haven't found anything.

edit:mods im not sure if this should be in the mac section or the android section.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: syncing sony android, wont reconize.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 06:34:09 pm »

Does your phone possibly have a different mode that could be set when it's connected?

whistlerski

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 06:56:10 pm »

When I plug it into the mac, it gives me the options of charging only, file transfer mode, and midi. I clicked file transfer mode. The usb connectivity settings menu doesn't have anything relevant to my problem either.

When other people plug their android into their mac, does it come up as named "remote disc" next to a CD symbol in the finder? or does it show the name of your phone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:28:34 pm »

Are you clicking on Handhelds in the Action Window (lower left)?

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 05:27:27 pm »

When other people plug their android into their mac, does it come up as named "remote disc" next to a CD symbol in the finder? or does it show the name of your phone.

I think this is kind of variable based on the level of Android and the exact phone.  With my current phone for example, USB connection gives me a prompt to install software, but no "disk" to access.  There's an android file transfer program for mac available at android.com:

android.com/filetransfer

It looks like it works, but it still won't show as a "disk" so that MC can really get at it.

So I use a two step process:

1.  I do handheld sync to a local folder on my hard disk.  When that's done...
2.  I use AirDroid to copy the files in that folder to my phone's disk.  AirDroid is free, works with just a web browser, and is wireless, so I don't even have to plug in my phone. 

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up