INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Field Trip  (Read 3806 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Field Trip
« on: May 08, 2016, 09:02:27 am »

I moved from one house to another last week.  Glad that's done.

In the new house, I had the electrician replace a lot of the switches so that we had dimmers on lights.  Nothing had been done to the lighting since the house was built in 1985.  

The bulbs were incandescents, so we replace most of them with LED's.

I also bought a number or Z-Wave switches and a few Z-Wave receptacles.

On Friday, I invited the JRiver team out to see the Lutron lighting system in the old house and the new Z-wave devices in the new one.  We're far enough along with our work now that we were able to get the new switches working with our Engen software on three different machines, both Linux and Windows.

The software implements support for the Z-Wave protocol and it exposes a web interface that is similar to JRiver Media Center's MCWS interface.  You can use a URL in a web browser to turn a light on and off.

The OneRemote Android app we've been working on can be used to create buttons that send the links to a browser so that the app can also switch the lights on and off.

OneRemote is a general purpose, customizable menu.  It can save its configuration locally or to the cloud.  After I had the menu I wanted for lighting, I saved it from my phone to the cloud (JRiver's server) and downloaded it on my tablet.  It worked perfectly.  It gave me exactly the same menu there.

I wish I had taken a few pictures of the team at work.  It was a very nice moment.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Field Trip
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 07:41:09 pm »

*Like*

Pages: [1]   Go Up