INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Hardware  (Read 3409 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Hardware
« on: May 11, 2016, 10:05:08 am »

In my humble opinion (and i already shared this thought years ago) JRiver should go hardware. I don't know how feasible this is but it would be interesting to have a partnership between a mid-sized company (dunno like EVGA) or a bigger one (like asus) to develop a JRiverline.

I thought the JRiver Id was this already?

VP

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
JRiver Hardware
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:55:26 am »

I thought the JRiver Id was this already?

VP

Yes indeed but limited (for obvious gpu reasons) to audio and still building on regular NUC hardware. I do have one ...

I have always wondered why specific high end chips aka sigma, ESSabre or the like are not found nor integrated in PC environments....I'm definitely not an expert so maybe what I'm saying is complete BS but I do believe that bringin computers to high-end home cinema/hifi is what we have seen in the last years....why has nobody tried the other way around ie take a high end home cinema/hifi hardware and build it on an open or more or less full user programmable OS.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: JRiver Hardware
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 01:20:08 pm »

Because those media chips are covered by tons of NDAs and licensing agreements, and custom software.  Does not go too well with a more open environment like PCs.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 02:53:33 pm »

thought so...

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 07:32:10 pm »

what about the app for QNAP nas.....it needs no pc just a hdmi capable tv
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 07:32:33 am »

... and an app for Synology or better still a port of the software so no PC/IMac required.  With everything now being networked and servers having their remote apps you wouldn't need the PC on to play music.

Sparks67

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 04:59:29 am »

I have always wondered why specific high end chips aka sigma, ESSabre or the like are not found nor integrated in PC environments....I'm definitely not an expert so maybe what I'm saying is complete BS but I do believe that bringin computers to high-end home cinema/hifi is what we have seen in the last years....why has nobody tried the other way around ie take a high end home cinema/hifi hardware and build it on an open or more or less full user programmable OS.

There is a company called Zappiti Media Center that had Dune HD modify it for a high end with XLR outputs.  http://www.zappiti.com/zappiti_player_muse_edition.html  Zappiti has great Gui interface for the Dune.

Dune HD has released a new version based off a Sigma Designs Chip called Solo 4K.  Sigma Designs has full bluray menu's,3D, and 4k. Supporting most digital audio and video formats, including the most modern HEVC video codec with the support for 1 billion of colors (10-bit color encoding), all modern 3D video standards such as MVC, SBS and TnB, audiophile HD audio with high resolution up to 24-bit /192 KHz, Dune HD Solo 4K sets an entirely new standard. Dune HD Solo 4K is equipped with two USB ports, an internal 2.5” SATA HDD bay, 1Gbit Ethernet, 802.11ac Dual Band 2T2R Wi-Fi.

JRiver needs to make software Gui  interface for this new Dune Solo to replace Intel Nuc. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up