INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Android TV  (Read 3154 times)

Gustovier

• Recent member
Feature Request: Android TV
« on: August 12, 2015, 06:47:56 pm »

I would not just stop at a slimmed down android port. I would make an android TV client version. If you can implement this along with my other feature request of Dtcp-ip support for recording/viewing copy once cable card channels you will have hit the holy grail of media centers. There will no longer be a need to support a lot 3rd party media services as most have official android TV apps. The only exception here is AmazonPrime.  But the nvidia shield TV is a beast of a device that would be perfect for this.  It has official Netflix 4k support as well.

dgm1960

• Recent member
Re: Feature Request: Android TV
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 07:08:04 pm »

This is very true. I have a ShieldTV and tried using Plex for music, but although the ui is fantastic, the sound quality does not match JRiver. A JRiver Android TV client would be the answer to a perfect media center.

buggyglint

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 12:46:15 pm »

Will there be any development on this? I would love to have an "Android TV" version of JRemote. Using Kodi on my Google Nexus player for music is not very good (micro stuttering) but the JRemote app for android phones is excellent! It plays FLAC files perfectly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 01:01:38 pm »

Nothing new.  Did you try Gizmo?  It should be able to play video from MC, using Media Network.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 01:05:46 pm »

Gizmo and JRemote will probably need a few changes to be able to run on a Android TV system and be controllable from a remote control instead of a touch screen. I wanted to look into that some time ago, but I didn't have an Android TV and the emulator crapped out on me.
I might go back to this in the coming months, but don't expect it to happen over night.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 08:54:59 am »

Gizmo won't do live TV, right?  I don't remember for sure.

But I agree...I have seriously been considering going the Nvidia Shield route...the only thing that is holding me back is that I would have to change TV recording software.

Castius

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 10:10:18 pm »

Not to distract from your request. But eos Android app supports live TV. But there is no guild

buggyglint

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 11:45:58 am »

Gizmo and JRemote will probably need a few changes to be able to run on a Android TV system and be controllable from a remote control instead of a touch screen. I wanted to look into that some time ago, but I didn't have an Android TV and the emulator crapped out on me.
I might go back to this in the coming months, but don't expect it to happen over night.

Damn unstable emulators... If I had an extra Android TV box I'd send it to you for testing  :P

Whenever you have time/in the mood, I would really appreciate it if you modified the current Android app to work with Android TV. BTW, I'm using an official Android TV box (Nexus Player).
Pages: [1]   Go Up