INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: main menu/options bar hidden in mac mc21??? help needed  (Read 2640 times)

gigantorex

main menu/options bar hidden in mac mc21??? help needed
« on: May 13, 2016, 08:15:22 pm »

i'm running mc 16 on another windows computer and the main edit/tools/etc menu is clearly visible along the top bar.  i cannot find the equivalent menu bar/options at all on mc 21 for mac.  obviously it must be there somewhere - can someone help me locate it or unhide it? thanks!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: main menu/options bar hidden in mac mc21??? help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 07:47:48 am »

You don't mean the File, Edit, View, Player, etc menus.  Those should be visible at all times unless you are in a full screen mode.

You must mean the user configurable tool bar where you can put buttons that you choose?  You can set up the tool bars (top or bottom) one of two ways:

1.  Right click on the top of the MC window.  Choose "configure toolbar" when it comes up.
2.  Tools > Options > Tree & View > customize toolbars...

Happy toolbar configuring!

Brian.

gigantorex

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 09:15:25 am »

thanks brian
actually yes i do mean the jriver file/edit /options main menu.  i can’t seem to get it to appear.  i/m using a macmini with a samsung tv and only yesterday (for a similar problem) did the apple main menu strip appear slightly  at the top of screen.  i then  changed the screen resolution to 720p and more of the apple bar at the top appeared.

however i still cannot get the  jriver menu bar to appear…  how do i disable the ‘full screen mode’ you mention? 

thanks!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 09:20:39 am »

Pressing <Command>1 will enable Standard View, the normal computer interface used with MC.

If that doesn't work, maybe post a screen shot?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Brian.

gigantorex

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 09:25:23 am »

hey i figured it out - the apple main menu at the top of screen which now slightly appears (approx 60% of the bar is visible at 720p resolution ) contains the mc21 main menu bar with the file/edit/view/tools functions.   ::)

i can’t seem to see more than 60% of it after fiddling with the  display settings but at least i can see it now!  

thanks

RolandG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 09:55:50 am »

Maybe it's not a resolution problem, but an aspect ratio problem. Your TV is a 16:9 set, but computers usually put out a 16:10 signal. That's why dedicated computer monitors, unlike TVs, are 16:10 sets. So, there's more screen to show vertically than the TV can handle. Try different zoom settings on your TV until you can see the whole screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up