INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSF Tags Problem when import dsd files and can NOT edit tags of DSF  (Read 2838 times)

hexid26

• Recent member

My device is Mac Mini 2014, within 256G ssd(system) and 2T hard disk(Music files). NOT working in fusion mode.
JRiver updated by beta channel. Now is 210080.

Every time I import DSF file, JRiver will show info like picture attached.

And the tags of dsd file can be edited, but CANNOT update from library to files. The info is like attach too.

ALL DSF FILES HAVE THE PROBLEM!!!

So, what's the problem with DSD tags? Or some questions on my permissions? But tags editing on wav flac m4a files works fine.

I hope some one can give me some advances. Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

There's an ongoing thread about tagging DSF files when they are stored on an NTFS disk.  Is your disk NTFS, or is it a Mac native volume (HFS+)?

You can do a get info from Finder on the drive and then look at format to see what format the disk is.

Brian.

hexid26

• Recent member

There's an ongoing thread about tagging DSF files when they are stored on an NTFS disk.  Is your disk NTFS, or is it a Mac native volume (HFS+)?

You can do a get info from Finder on the drive and then look at format to see what format the disk is.

Brian.

Thanks for reply! Yeah, My disk format is neither NTFS nor HFS+. It's exFat.... The disk is from an external USB hard disk. So is HFS+ the only way to avoid the problem?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

I'm unsure if ExFAT displays this bug.  It's sort of a rare bug because it's a combination of a lesser used file format with a lesser used disk format (on Macs).  ExFAT is yet another lesser used disk format.  I suppose you could try moving some of those files to an HFS+ volume (maybe the internal disk?) and try tagging from there.  As a test.

BTW, here's the thread discussing the issue on NTFS:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101852.0

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up