INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Features missing in MC compared to Foobar and dBpoweramp  (Read 1433 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Here are a few disadvantages for me which make me go to the competition still...But I do prefer MC to anything else for my audio and media needs hands-down...
Audio:

Just a couple of things that still make me go back to Foobar from time to time (besides nostalgia...:))

- The enhanced crossfading (continuator plugin) which is very nice for casual listening
- The lyrics plugin is amazing.  Very nice for Karaoke nights!

A few nice to haves in Foobar (definitely doesn't make foobar any better than MC...):

- I've grown to like the interface and even though more complex, once you get the hang of I find it more versatile than MC....(But Visualisation is by far better and easily configurable with MC)
- I also slightly prefer their volume leveling logic to -18 LUFS vs -23 (Not a big deal but theirs is customisable..) and they use the standard replaygain tags. So no need for both Volume leveling and adaptive volume which end up giving me back that "missing" 5dB...
- Again only nice for casual listening...For Serious listening I go back to MC..I've done a blind A/B and I prefer the sound of MC with no DSPs.

Ripping:
I still use dBpoweramp for CD ripping (due to Accuraterip and Itunnorm tag writing).  However from time to time on a highly scratched CD JRiver Securerip was doing better than dBpoweramp Securerip...
Tagging:
- A few things I still need mp3tag to workaround MP3 tagging issues in MC...
Pages: [1]   Go Up