INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id "Critical Error" Notice  (Read 2226 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Id "Critical Error" Notice
« on: May 19, 2016, 04:33:32 pm »

For the past 36 hours or so, when I select an album for playback, my Id MC has been "skimming through" all the song titles (seen on connected monitor) on any album I select -- not playing anything.  Today I received the window, (something like) "... Critical Error: MC will stop operating. Please re-load the latest version."

Short-term question: How do I do that on the Id/Linux?

A separate question:  As a non-technical person, my experience with Linux has not been good. For the LONG TERM, would you advise me to download Windows and use MC for Windows instead.  I am more familiar with Windows 7 and (to a lesser extent) 10.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Id "Ccritical Error" Notice
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 10:18:04 am »

For the past 36 hours or so, when I select an album for playback, my Id MC has been "skimming through" all the song titles (seen on connected monitor) on any album I select -- not playing anything.  Today I received the window, (something like) "... Critical Error: MC will stop operating. Please re-load the latest version."

Short-term question: How do I do that on the Id/Linux?

A separate question:  As a non-technical person, my experience with Linux has not been good. For the LONG TERM, would you advise me to download Windows and use MC for Windows instead.  I am more familiar with Windows 7 and (to a lesser extent) 10.

I've not seen that "Critical Error" message before.
When MC linux skims through files without playing it's likely that it can't open that file for some reason. The Id shuts off popup boxes (when booted in one of the text modes) so that would explain what you are seeing if you are connecting with remote desktop with the Id in text mode or a remote like Gizmo or JRemote.

Some people have converted their Id's to windows because they are more familiar with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up