INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random sorting grids anytime/anywhere suggestion  (Read 1173 times)

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck
Random sorting grids anytime/anywhere suggestion
« on: May 21, 2016, 01:50:33 pm »

I very often need to order whatever rows are currently in the grid into a random sequence. For example when auditioning songs for playlists using a random grid I can ensure the playlists get built more randonly, or just working with the data to not wind up working everything that starts with "A" first, "B" second, etc.

Currently if you right click the top of the grid you can select what columns appear, so why not just add a new column to the schema called "Random". If you add that "Random" column to the grid it will re-assign a random number to each row whenever you go to sort on that column, thus causing the grid to re-order itself in a new random.

I can then keep the Random column in my column presets. This way random sorting would simply be inherent in the grid functionality whenever you need it there, with no need for a separate toolbar button, etc. I can include the random column in any grid output from a search or smartlist, etc.

Maybe there is another alternative for a Random column that I don't know of? I see that there is an "Seq" column that becomes available only on the Now Playing grid, this offers a Sequence number which is less useful than a random number column to me. I see a Random column that is available on any grid as well as Now Playing grid as being of much more useful than the "Seq" column.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up