INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expression Help!  (Read 3574 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Expression Help!
« on: May 22, 2016, 01:37:39 pm »

Hi all,

I'm still kind of new to expression language and was wondering if I could get some help here.  I'm trying to build a list of (classical) audio files where each is an image + cue and thus with an identical bitrate for each track (as it shows up in MC when not playing). I want to do this so that I can break the image into individual flac/ape files via "Convert Format," mostly because I now do part of my classical tagging with Musichi, which doesn't take the disc images from my old rips (it only takes individual tracks).  Basically I just want a sorted view of newly imported classical audio files that only includes those with identical bitrates within the album--hence, I'll only see those albums that were ripped as disc images + cue sheets and not albums already broken into individual tracks.  That way I can quickly "select all" and "Convert Format" without having to look album-by-album to which need to be converted and which don't.  Does that make sense?

What's confusing me with the expression would be the number of variables in play and how to set everything up with the proper expressions, something like:

If [bitrate] for [Track #] 1 on [Album] = [bitrate] for all other [Track #] on the [Album] then show that [Album] in the pane.   

I thought maybe some kind of Counter([Track #]) + an IsEqual([bitrate]) something or other, all inside an If(), but then how would I signify that I want this done inside particular albums? Seems like I'm missing something simple, but I can't find it. 

Thanks for any help!

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Expression Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 02:21:56 pm »

Global variables

I'll think on it and see if I can get something together when I have some time

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 02:54:34 pm »

What file type do these show up as?  Can't you just filter your view on just that file type and then sort by date imported?

Brian.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 03:27:29 pm »

@blgentry

They're just flac or ape audio files.  And no, the date imported thing wouldn't work because the files are mixed, i.e., some are images + cue files, some are already separated into tracks.

[Edit] I meant that some of the albums I've imported are audio disc images (again, flac or ape) + cue and some were already converted into tracks, either previously in MC or in Foobar. They're all mixed together in the folders I have.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 04:28:55 pm »

Wouldn't then some albums have 1 track, and others more?

You could build something to count tracks then...

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 04:48:26 pm »

No, because the cue sheet divides the album into tracks in JRiver, at least in terms of the view and functionality (i.e., you can click on track 4, say, and start playing there).  I think you'd have to use the bitrate as the means of sorting because a disc image + cue's bitrate is the same for every track, whereas an album already divided into separate flac/ape files will have slightly different bitrates for each track.

I attached 2 screenshots showing what I'm talking about.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 04:52:13 pm »

Thanks for posting the screen shots.

What do the file names show as?  Can you post another screen shot that shows the file names?  I'm guessing they are similar to ISO SACDs, but I'm only guessing.

Brian.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 06:23:32 pm »

@blgentry

They're attached below and labeled accordingly.  You'll see that the filename's the same for the disc image + cue's tracks, excepting only a semicolon and a track number at the very end.

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 06:35:34 pm »

Ok!  So it seems that you can trigger on the semi colon to find these unconverted files/images/cue.  This search term is a good starter:

Code: [Select]
[filename (name)]=";"
But if you want to be really precise about it, you could use this instead:

Code: [Select]
[=regex([filename (name)],/#;\d{1,2}$#/)]=1
Brian.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 06:42:11 pm »

That did it!  Thanks! 

ferday