INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 Only Recognizes Certain Albums on HD  (Read 1787 times)

Jay13

• Recent member
MC 21 Only Recognizes Certain Albums on HD
« on: May 23, 2016, 04:30:13 pm »

I recently had a power glitch which caused my computer to shut off (MacMini running JR MC21).  When I turned it back on, I double checked to see if everything on the MacMini and MC21 was exactly as before.  DAC was listed as core device, Mini showed the DAC as output device, everything seems the same.

Now I can only get certain albums to play.  MC will show a song as being played, but the DAC won't switch to the sample rate and play it (no sound).  Checked settings in Audio Midi on the Mac, looks good.  Strange that the MC21 will show each song as being played, no matter what I select, but nothing seems to be getting to the DAC.

I have a single 4TB HD connected to the Mini.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 21 Only Recognizes Certain Albums on HD
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 05:23:00 pm »

So MC shows the song name, the time advancing, and the spectrum analyzer bouncing, but you get no sound?  But only on some songs and not others?

I would be inclined to stop MC, unplug the DAC, replug it, then fire MC back up and make sure to select the DAC by name (not "default", but specifically by the DAC's name).  Then try again.

Good luck.

Brian.

Jay13

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 08:37:30 pm »

Hey Brian,

Yes, yes and yes.  I tried those suggestions and still no change.  So I figured the problem had to be between computer and DAC, so I tried plugging the USB cable into a different port on the back of the Mini.....worked perfect!  It's an '09 Mini, so I guess the port was getting bad. 

That really had me stumped.  No issues now - thanks!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 08:39:37 pm »

Glad to hear it.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up