INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get a cover-art assigned to a specific album !  (Read 2342 times)

mvilla

• Junior Woodchuck
Can't get a cover-art assigned to a specific album !
« on: May 24, 2016, 04:18:39 am »

It's very strange: I have more than 1000 albums, each with its own cover art but .... I'm not able to have a cover assigned to one specific album !
Once I select the picture (jpg), it seems it is assigned to that album and all related songs, but, after few second, it disappears  ?  ?  ?
Does anybody have any advice ?
Many thanks
Massimo

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't get a cover-art assigned to a specific album !
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 08:05:59 am »

What kind of files are these?  Where are they stored?  Local disk, NAS, etc.  Are you embedding art, or saving it to a directory?

Brian.

mvilla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 02:29:26 pm »

What kind of files are these?  Where are they stored?  Local disk, NAS, etc.  Are you embedding art, or saving it to a directory?

Brian.

I did what I did for all the other 1000 album:
- ripped CD (aif files)
- get cover art from Internet
- chose the cover I liked more
- done
The files are stored in NAS and the strange fact is that the cover art is in the tag of each file but does not appear in MC (only few seconds and then disappears !)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 02:40:49 pm »

Maybe you have a file or directory permission problem with just that directory of that album?  Verify that you can write files in that directory.

I'm not familiar with AIF tagging and embedding.  If MC can do it, I would expect it to do it for all AIFF files.  Is there anything else different about this album?  The software it was ripped with, or anything else unusual?  Maybe the bit depth?   Just guessing.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up