INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There was a problem playing the current audio file  (Read 4471 times)

Dromderrig

• Recent member
There was a problem playing the current audio file
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:55:45 am »

Suddenly my JRemote cannot play my music from iPad, IPhone or MacBook Pro. Not sure if this is related to my upgrading to new version MC 22 Mac.

Error messages: "Audio Streaming Error. There was a problem playing the current audio file."

I can see the categories, album covers, and song lisitings. But they will not play.

At the same time, I can play the music with Synology Audio Station.

Can anyone help?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: There was a problem playing the current audio file
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 06:30:25 pm »

I've never seen "audio streaming error" before.  That implies that you are trying to play to a network renderer of some sort.

What is your playback device?  Can you play from Standard View (using the Mac interface, not a remote) ?

Brian.

Dromderrig

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 10:48:14 am »

Hi Brian,

My music is on a synology NAS. I can remotely see and play the music effortlessly with the synology audio station app. With JRemote, it had been working fine . But now I can connect to the server, see the albums, art work and songs, but when I press play I get that message. I am using an iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro. Same problem for all devices. I am not in my home location no so cannot test the desktop.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Dromderrig

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 10:52:31 am »

On MacBook Pro I get the following error message when attempting to play music:

Playback Problem.

Something went wrong with playback.

Details:

The file could not be found.

Check that the file name in the library matches the file name on the disk.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 10:53:30 am »

Does it match?

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 12:41:30 pm »

Something has probably changed on your Mac since you imported your library from the NAS share.  Maybe the drive you had mounted from the NAS is no longer mounted on the Mac.  Maybe it's now mounted in a different location.

If you look at your library in MC on the Mac, you'll probably see red minus signs (-) on some, or all of your songs/albums.  This indicates that MC can not see the files on disk where they used to be.  If that's not the case, then something else is going on.

More information and/or screen shots might help us diagnose the problem further.  But I'm voting for my first paragraph above as my first guess.  Good luck.  :)

Brian.

Dromderrig

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 02:14:56 pm »

Hi Brian,

You are right. Red minus signs next to all songs in the library on the MacBook Pro. But why would all remote devices suddenly stop working?

Do you know how I can rectify this?

As I said, Synology Audio Station has no problem seeing and playing the files.

Bill

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 02:23:06 pm »

You probably need to re-mount the NAS music share in the same place it was mounted before.  Go look at any of your songs and hover over one.  A pop up will show you the file name (and other stuff).  Note that first parts of the file name that probably start with something like /Volumes/MyNAS_DeviceName/Music . 

I'm not sure what process you used before to mount the NAS drive, but you'll probably want to do that again.  You'll also probably want to add the mounted drive to your login items so that it mounts the next time you reboot and log back in to the Mac.  Here's one way of doing that:

http://osxdaily.com/2012/05/04/automatically-connect-to-network-drive-mac-os-x/

I have to confess that I don't have much experience with mounting drives on Macs, so I can't offer a lot of wisdom; just some general help.

If you can't get it figured out, post a screen shot of one or more of the missing files that shows the full path name (file name) to the file.  The Audio > Files view is a good one for showing this kind of information.  Just drag the filename column over to the left so it will appear in your screen shot.

Good luck.

Brian.

Dromderrig

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 03:42:32 pm »

Hi Brian

Here's screen shot showing file names.

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 03:46:17 pm »

Looks like you had the NAS (or an external disk) mounted under /Volumes/music .  Remount the NAS (or disk) there and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

Brian.

Dromderrig

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 04:08:51 pm »

Brian,

The MacBook Pro and IOS devices had been working properly. Isn;t it odd that both the iPhone and iPad now cannot connect, too.

Bill

blgentry

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 04:21:42 pm »

If you are using JRemote on your ipad and iphone, then this is expected.  JRemote talks to the JRiver MC program on the Macbook.  If MC (on the macbook) can't find the files, then it can't send them to the ipad or iphone.

If your i-devices are using some other program, then something else might be going on.

Brian.

Dromderrig

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 04:42:30 pm »

Hi Brian,

I see. I set this up on my desk top iMac - not on the Macbook Pro. So, does that mean I mean to look into this when I am back on location with the iMac and the NAS and cannot fox it from the MacBook Pro?

Thanks for all your help.

Best regards,

Bill

blgentry

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 07:47:02 am »

I'm not super clear on your setup, but it sounds like your imac is your MC server and it gets files from the NAS.  You should definitely get that computer working properly first.  Then the rest will probably start working correctly after.

Brian.

Dromderrig

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 10:09:20 pm »

Brian

ok. I'll check when i get back.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up